Author Topic: General Cork Question  (Read 4397 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: General Cork Question
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 October 10 12:30 BST (UK) »
One other question, if I have identified the property owned by Michael and have the property number as it relates to the 1852 Griffith is there a way to put that to an actual address of today?

In rural areas the name of the townland is the address.

If you trace the Griffith's references for your Leahy family to the maps you should be able to narrow down a particular  property within the townland.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 October 10 12:42 BST (UK) »
If you want to post the Griffith's references (i.e. townland, occupiers name and map number/letter reference) I can try to locate the property on a modern map for you.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline cdn1972

• RootsChat Extra
  • Researching Leahy-Crawford-Malone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 October 10 15:16 BST (UK) »
OK great thanks, once I verify it I will post it.
Leahy- Mitchelstown-1825
Crawford-Lurgan-1850 - 1899
Malone- 1794-1850

Offline RobeLeahy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 29 June 20 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am a direct descendant of Michael Leahy who arrived on the Fortitude, Ironically on an all-male line, If anyone wants info on linage (https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/pt/RSVP.aspx?dat=MTY5OTU0NDAyOzswN2Q0Njc2Ny0wMDA2LTAwMDAtMDAwMC0wMDAwMDAwMDAwMDA7MjAyMDA2MjkwOTI2Mzk7MQ==&mac=sLi0mxk7zJN2F/vu3Ko8kg==)

Michael's brother William and some of Michaels children came on the Sakesby, Michael and the rest of his family came on the Fortitude to North America,  I would like to connect with any cousins in North America and Ireland.  I like others hit a roadblock as we have not determined the parents of Michael and William Leahy. which the key would be who was a Leahy in Brigown and Michelstown from around 1769 until after 1825, did anyone have children that included a Michael Leahy b abt 1769 and aa William b abt 1775.

Thank you
Robert Leahy