Author Topic: Wylde Family from the Commander  (Read 14884 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Wylde Family from the Commander
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam

That was a very interesting read that you put on these pages, I reckon there may well be a reference to the Wilde's in the Guild Hall as a lot of prominent citizens are mentioned there - one of my lot Charles james Holliday is on a plaque there as a former High Sherrif & also Bailif but Ive not yet seen this plaque

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline PamHinks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil
Thankyou, interesting family - with regards to your Charles James Holiday I will keep a look out for him what date line are we looking at ?
Next time I am in the Guildhall I will look to see if I can find him on the plaque, I went to meeting a couple of months ago and noticed the list of all the prominent past citizens together with several portraits.

How the the Pier opening go?

Pam

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 30 October 10 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam

Charles James Holliday was high sherrif of Worcester about 1926 (I cant remember the exact date as my records are at home & Im in my local library), He is mentioned in a list of sherrifs in a book at the History Centre - they also have a picture of him on file.

Regarding the Wylde family, I found a web site last Weds about the commandery & there is an article about the Wylde family on the main page -I downloaded this but didnt get time to write down the sites address

All the very best

Phil

ps if you want the info I downloaded get in touch with me at philheeks[at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk & I will e mail it to you as an attachment
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline Nemo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 02 November 10 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole
The booklet/paper you need to read is called  “Wylde of Worcestershire” by the Rev. Llewellyn Bullock BA of Rugby, Warwickshire published in 1909.

The LDS Library has a copy 929.242 A1 no. 139. Book Storage 0243357, although the LDS website doesn’t specify that books will be loaned, it would be worthwhile checking at one of the Dallas Family History Centres.

I will send you some info from the booklet off list. The Rev Bullock gives details of monumental inscriptions that you wanted. He also makes clear how Robert Wylde the 3rd was succeeded by his father's brother, another Robert Wylde the 4th who was your ancestor. The uncle married his nephew's wife's sister too!!

HTH
Nemo

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 30 January 11 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Allllll......

I am back to the Wylde family once again in order to make a family tree from Simon Wylde...circa 1500s down.  Back to the heradry books and with all of your help I will be able to trace the family forward.  Thanks once again ONE and all for all of your help!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SWylde

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 01 March 11 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Well, I am indeed Simon Wylde, from Bristol .. but I assure you I was not born in 1500 ..

Offline shelly52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 26 February 12 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole
I am interested in the Andrews family, what info do you have on Caroline Georgina Andrews family ?  I know that her parents were Major John Andrews (of the North Hants Militia) and mother Jane I found Jane's death at Houghton in 1823 and I beleive that John died in 1839 at Weyhill.  My husband's line goes back to Augusta Andrews who was a sister to your Caroline as when Caroline married it was in the newspaper and she was the daughter of Major John Andrews.
Michelle

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello all...

I have not been on rootschat for some time...

Shelly send me your email address and I will send you an invitation to ancestry.com family tree of mine...are you here in the US?
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shelly52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 14 March 12 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am new to this site so can you tell me how to send a private message.  I see from an earlier post that I have to have 3 post before I am able to sends a PM, so I will send you another one now as well.
Michelle