Author Topic: Wylde Family from the Commander  (Read 14883 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Wylde Family from the Commander
« on: Sunday 03 October 10 18:56 BST (UK) »
I am a direct line of the Wylde family from the Commandery and I am trying to get death and birth records and burial information as well as pictures of the tombstones. 

Rev Charles Edmund Wylde (1732-1798)--->Robert Wylde (d 1741)--->Thomas Wylde Member of Parliament ( 1670-1740)---> Robert Wylde (b 1623)--->Robert Wylde (1595-1650)--->Thomas Wylde (not sure of his birth or death)--->Robert Wylde (1535-1607)

Any information on births, and marriages and deaths as well as place of burial would be gratefully appreciated.  I do know Charles son Robert died over in Claverdon.  His son Henry Ernest Wylde came to New York in 1867 and his daughter died giving birth to my grandfather.

I would love to find family to contact.

Thanks EVER so much.  I am currently living in the Dallas area of Texas
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Wylde Family from the Commander
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 October 10 13:15 BST (UK) »
Is this the Commandery in Worcester as I expect that it would be on line - this is the only Commandery that rings a bell eith me as its a visitor attraction in Worcester City

Good Hunting

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 October 10 13:17 BST (UK) »
I forgot to say, its worth your whil writing to Worcester History Centre or the record Office at Worcester as they could give you a lot of info on the Commandery

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 October 10 05:08 BST (UK) »
Hi there Phil....I have written to them several times but no one has ever responded....will have to do some more research on my end.  Thanks!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline PamHinks

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am not sure how far you have now got so if you can let me know what you have so far found I will see if I can add to it.

The Wylde family (Thomas) took over the Commandery in the 1540s and was a prominent family in the City.

Best Wishes

Pam

www.worcestershirepeopleandplaces.com

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 October 10 06:57 BST (UK) »
I am just starting this research and really want to document things...from the net I have gathered a smidgen of info but need to document and get more dates.  Thanks for all of your help. Are you related to this line at all? 

Offline PamHinks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 October 10 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole

I will see what I can find in my records more than likely the connection of the Wylde family to the English Civil War, have you managed to get copies of the baptism records or marriages?

Pam

Offline PamHinks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 October 10 07:42 BST (UK) »
Carole

No I'm not connected to this line but I do research in the Worcestershire area for my web-site, the Wyldes was a very prominent family in Worcestershire in the mid 1550s  right through and beyond the Civil War

Pam

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 October 10 07:09 BST (UK) »
The more I have done this research, the more interesting family I find I have come from.  One of the Wyldes married the granddaughter of Viscount Robert Tracy II....another direct line married the granddaughter of the Magistrate of Wedmore who lived in the Manor there.   Every day I find out something more interesting in my history.  My grandfather's mother came over from England and died from complications of his birth...so I have felt a certain love for England and would love to learn more.

Soon I want to take a trip over your way.  Would love to get some advise as to places to stay.  Will need a guide as well if you know of any.

Thanks once again.