Author Topic: little family canonbie  (Read 5280 times)

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
little family canonbie
« on: Friday 08 April 05 00:33 BST (UK) »
hi I'm trying to find a Mary little born canonbie 1865 ish  ( not sure if little is maiden name) but Mary little married john beck  somewhere in the 1890's and had a son john beck then twins  thomas and Nancy  in Orton westmorland (eastward). before Mary's marrage she had two children  Elizabeth ( who married Sammy gilbert in ireland and she was know as Betty)  and David who went to Canada. that is about all i know . we have family photos from 1920/30's  but the elders of the family can only remember theses details.     please can any one help.   many thanks. Adrian.

JUST A QUICK THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE ELSE WHO HAS ASKED IF THERE WAS A CONNECTION.  WE CONFIRMED WE ARE RELATED AND EXCHANGED PHOTO'S WHICH ARE SURPRISINGLY  SIMALAR, THANKING YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. 
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline hannah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: little family canonbie
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 April 05 22:29 BST (UK) »
Dear Adrian,  I read your e-mail regarding Mary Little of Cannobie.  Mary was my Great Grandmother.  Mary was born on May 1862, her mother was Elizabeth Hogg  and her father was William Little.  Mary had four children before marrying John Beck.  The first born was William then Elizabeth then Hannah then David.  Hannah and David were given to foster family to raise, I do not know why.  My grandmother was Hannah Armstrong Little born 1888.  All this information can be looked at on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.  I live in California in the USA.  I would love to see a picture of the family as I do not have any.  My Grandmother (Hannah) gave my mother up for adoption in glasgow in 1912.  hope to hear from you soon Adrian,  My name is Maureen Parker.

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 April 05 17:00 BST (UK) »
hi Hannah. wow!!! that was  a shot in the dark. just didn't expect an answer. Mary is my mums grandmother (her mother been Nancy one of the twins in born march 1900. just before Mary's death.)  are you on GenesReunited??  would love to give more info but only direct. regards Adrian.
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 April 05 18:21 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

What a turn up!  Fantastic  ;D

If you click on each other's name at the bottom of the profile you will see a link that says "Send this member a Personal Message"

If you follow this link you can send each other a private message and swap details privately (including email addresses) - nobody can see these.

Cheers,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!