Author Topic: NORWAY: Haagensen, Peter Henrik  (Read 9474 times)

Offline neil 2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NORWAY: Haagensen, Peter Henrik
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have found this on another family tree  that a couple of other people have done.Not sure if this is correct or not.They have got all the other information correct,Not sure who they are but have sent them emails .Think they might of been researching the haagensens.
Kind Reagrds
neil

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Navn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 21 September 11 16:12 BST (UK) »

Yes, I think your Haagen's baptism is here "11th Sunday after Trinity", 1790:

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9142&idx_id=9142&uid=ny&idx_side=-286
(#7, left column)

But I see no immediate indications your Jonas was born in Sør-Odal, have you found his baptism/confirmation?

-J

Sorry, Jan. My mistake. I do not have a birth place for Jonas yet. I got too keen with the copy and pasting!
AYRE (O'HARE/HARE) - Ireland/Leeds
BROOKES - Yorkshire; West Riding
BYGOTT - Lincolnshire
DAVY - Lincolnshire
HAAGENSEN - Norway & Lincolnshire
HIRST - Yorkshire; West Riding
LYALL - Lincolnshire
MOORE - Lincolnshire
PHELIPS - Somerset
PHELPS - Somerset/London
PHILLIPS - Somerset/London/Leeds/Nottingham/Grimsby
STANLEY - Yorkshire; West Riding
STEEL - Yorkshire; Leeds & Ripon

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline janrm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Pre 1905 Union flag, "Sildesalaten"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 22 September 11 04:59 BST (UK) »

I would say it is 50/50 if Jonas was born in Sør-Odal. From his rare occupation & a comment saying "Iron Works" at Haagen's baptism I reckon he was a worker at the old Odal Iron Works and may hence have moved to the area to take work.

..but keep browsing and see what you find!

(his confirmation and marriage could also provide useful info)

I see no immediate link to the other Peter Henrik Haagensen, either, so far....
(but I may have some ideas...!)

J
"Doing Norway and a bit Sweden...!"

Offline neil 2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 23 September 11 07:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

i have a few dates for Johnan or Johnas haagensen.I think they are right I have him born in Nybak Norway 1817,married maren Hermansdatter 12th apr 1840,occupation at this time Gevaldiger.It says it is a non commissioned officer who belonged to the military adminastration of justice.in 1853 i have him dow as a trader citizen in Fredrikstad, in 1865 i have him down as a Distilled spirts tradesman all in fredrikstad. still the same in 1875.Nothing afer that.Does this sound right to everyone unless i have it completly wrong.

Offline janrm

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Pre 1905 Union flag, "Sildesalaten"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 24 September 11 10:03 BST (UK) »

Yes I think you're on the right track Neil!

I found the 1840-marriage, Johan is listed as "Soldier" in the "Klokkerbok". If he was alive in 1875 it is quite likely he died in Fredrikstad some time between Jan 1, 1866 and Dec 3, 1900.

In the 1840 marriage the bride's father is Herman Monsen, in case you haven't got it already...

J
"Doing Norway and a bit Sweden...!"

Offline vonnie41

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 19 January 12 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi did your peter Haagensen have a brother richard george Haagensen this is my grandad and there farthers name was hakkon from norway iv got his alien as they called them in that day registration papers into the country and a photo.and also a photo of a family wedding taken in the 1930's with peter and george as well as there sisters on it.

Offline neil 2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 19 January 12 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for the email.I have looked into the family tree quite alot i havent found a brother called Richard George haagensen yet.My Great Great grandfather peter haagensen had the following brothers ansd sisters Johan,Hariett,Thora,Alga Harry and a Hanna.Does any of these names mean anything to you.Haakon was born 19th nov 1852 and died 11th July 1920  Haakon seems to be spelt differently sometimes,his wife was Johanne Marie Ringguth. born 1850 died 1935.Would be great to know if Richard was another brother.All the family seem to have lived in the Grimsby / Cleethorpoes area does this sound about right for Richard.I do have some information if it helps.
Kind Regards
neil

Offline Navn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 20 January 12 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi did your peter Haagensen have a brother richard george Haagensen this is my grandad and there farthers name was hakkon from norway iv got his alien as they called them in that day registration papers into the country and a photo.and also a photo of a family wedding taken in the 1930's with peter and george as well as there sisters on it.

Hi. Like Neil, Richard George Haagensen is not a name I've linked our Peter John Haagensen to either. Peter was born in 1876 in Norway. But there were are a lot of Haagensen's in the Grimsby area so there may be a connection somewhere.

Looking on the Free BMD website, there are no Richard George Haagensen's listed, but there is a George R. Haagensen born 1914, Grimsby, with a mother's maiden name Stones. There is also a marriage in 1938, Cleethorpes, with wife's name Alma Taylor. A George R. also died age 32 in 1946, Grimsby.. Maybe these are your Richard George Haagensen?

AYRE (O'HARE/HARE) - Ireland/Leeds
BROOKES - Yorkshire; West Riding
BYGOTT - Lincolnshire
DAVY - Lincolnshire
HAAGENSEN - Norway & Lincolnshire
HIRST - Yorkshire; West Riding
LYALL - Lincolnshire
MOORE - Lincolnshire
PHELIPS - Somerset
PHELPS - Somerset/London
PHILLIPS - Somerset/London/Leeds/Nottingham/Grimsby
STANLEY - Yorkshire; West Riding