Author Topic: Patrick McGough Infomation Please  (Read 3010 times)

Offline jjnco

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick McGough Infomation Please
« on: Thursday 07 October 10 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I'm trying to find my 4x Great Grandfather but have been very unsuccessful
Up until I was recommended to Rootchat
Would anyone please be able to help me with my search ??

This is the only information I have regarding Him

Patrick McGough
Possibly from or lived in rosecommon but I can't be 100% sure

Bridget McGough was his Daughter and in around 1840 or 1860s she meet My 3X Great Grandfather a
John Conlon and left Ireland and lived in Birmingham Warwickshire in the Irish Quarter of Birmingham IE Digbeth

In 1868 John and Bridget where married at St Chads RC Church on the marriage certificate it stats that Patrick was still alive and  was a builders labourer I'm not sure If he also left Ireland but the storey was that they came from Rosecommon

I would be very grateful for any information
Smith, Conlon, Dolphin, Whipps, Lancaster, Mc Gough, Connolly, Donavan, Hannigan, Roberts,

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick McGough Infomation Please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 October 10 14:41 BST (UK) »
You will need to know where in Co. Roscommon the family lived to be able to check what parish records are available.

There's a map showing the various parishes in the county on the Irish Times website which you can click to see details of what dates are available for each are, and where the records are located. See RC Parishes, Co. Roscommon

Have you checked Griffth's valuation to see if any McGough households are listed ?

If Patrick died after the start of full civil registration you may be able to locate his death cert/ This would usually include an occupation which may help confirm that a cert is for the right person. Death certs dont usually include much details, but could show a residence and possible a family member as informant. see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline jjnco

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick McGough Infomation Please
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 October 10 16:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your infomation
Joe
Smith, Conlon, Dolphin, Whipps, Lancaster, Mc Gough, Connolly, Donavan, Hannigan, Roberts,