Author Topic: Outbox - where is it ?  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Outbox - where is it ?
« on: Friday 08 October 10 04:09 BST (UK) »
All my old messages ..yeh!! but cannot find the messages that I have [sent out?]..It Says go to my OUTBOX! Anyone who knows where the OUTBOXES are please let me know? Great thanks Diane.

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: JUST FOUND
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 October 10 04:38 BST (UK) »
The outbox contains messages waiting to go out - ie they have not yet been read by the recipient.
Once the recipient reads the message it vanishes from your outbox and would go to your sentbox - but I'm pretty sure we don't have sentboxes here on RC.

Hope that helps =)
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline nickgc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • GGF J. James McLellan 1864-1908
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 October 10 06:13 BST (UK) »
The only place on RC that  I know of where there is something called "outbox" is in Personal Messages.  Click (for example on the hilited top line where it says "Welcome back, username, you have X messages".  You will be taken to your received PMs and one of the links will be an icon for "outbox".  You don't really need to do anything much to find the old non-PM messages you have sent:  simply open your profile and all are listed.

Hope I understand your question correctly.

Nick
McLellan - Inverness
Greer - Renfrewshire
Manson - Aberdeen & Orkney
Simpson - Hereford, Devon, etc.
Flett - Orkney
Chisholm - Scotland
Wishart - Orkney
Shand - Aberdeen
Pirie - Aberdeen

-----
Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there.   -Robert Heinlein

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Outbox - where is it ?
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 October 10 07:06 BST (UK) »
but I'm pretty sure we don't have sentboxes here on RC.
Yes we do, but it's not called that :)

The PM System  is pretty simple and has just two boxes: the "inbox" (PMs received) and the "outbox", (PMs sent). What we don't have is what JustKia thought was the outbox - i.e. a box containing messages waiting to go out.

You write a PM, hit "send" and it goes out immediately.
You can choose whether or not to keep a copy in your "outbox"

see also http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Bob

ps.
@ dianewan, I've change the topic title, to describe the contents better  :)
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 October 10 11:33 BST (UK) »
In that case mine is broken =(
My outbox contains 1 (very old) message and I have sent many more pm's than that (and I haven't deleted them).
Actually scratch that - after sending you a "test message" I see now that I didn't have the little box checked to save the outgoing messages to the outbox. I wonder when that became unchecked? Oh well, ya learn something every day LOL
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 October 10 14:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Kia,

that sounds like you clicked it to default to "off" in your profile at some time ....

• Save a copy of each Personal Message in my

outbox by default.   

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 10 October 10 00:25 BST (UK) »
The outbox contains messages waiting to go out - ie they have not yet been read by the recipient.
Once the recipient reads the message it vanishes from your outbox and would go to your sentbox - but I'm pretty sure we don't have sentboxes here on RC.

Hope that helps =)
Many thank's Kia, best wishes, from Di.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 October 10 00:27 BST (UK) »
The only place on RC that  I know of where there is something called "outbox" is in Personal Messages.  Click (for example on the hilited top line where it says "Welcome back, username, you have X messages".  You will be taken to your received PMs and one of the links will be an icon for "outbox".  You don't really need to do anything much to find the old non-PM messages you have sent:  simply open your profile and all are listed.

Hope I understand your question correctly.

Nick
appreciate your reply Nick tu, good wishes to you Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 October 10 00:28 BST (UK) »
but I'm pretty sure we don't have sentboxes here on RC.
Yes we do, but it's not called that :)

The PM System  is pretty simple and has just two boxes: the "inbox" (PMs received) and the "outbox", (PMs sent). What we don't have is what JustKia thought was the outbox - i.e. a box containing messages waiting to go out.

You write a PM, hit "send" and it goes out immediately.
You can choose whether or not to keep a copy in your "outbox"

see also http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Bob

ps.
@ dianewan, I've change the topic title, to describe the contents better  :)
Many thanks, berlin bob, luv Diane.