Author Topic: Memoriam/Funeral cards - Lawson, Fletcher, Gill & Lonsdale, all North Yorkshire  (Read 14564 times)

Offline tillypeg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Memoriam/Funeral cards - Lawson, Fletcher, Gill & Lonsdale, all North Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 August 12 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison,

I'm pleased that you have been able to find out a bit more about the Lonsdale family and that the funeral cards have proved useful.  Re: headstones - perhaps their graves are unmarked in the churchyard and the family could not afford headstones for them all.  At least you were fortunate enough to find some others which are connected.

Good luck with your research in the future.

Tilly

Offline nancy T F H

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Memoriam/Funeral cards - Lawson, Fletcher, Gill & Lonsdale, all North Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 February 14 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi There I have a Robinson Lonsdale  Yorkshire  on my maternal sidei n my tree I would be interested to know more please       nancy Beginnner
Tallant  Wheatley  Speight Batley Haydock Fearnley Laycock Lonsdale

Offline cjl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 February 14 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Nancy,

A very warm welcome to Rootschat.

What type of information are you looking for is it census records, marriage or birth details or other information?  Do you know in what year and where he was born?  I would be more than happy to assist you if I can.

Best Wishes
CJL
Redshaw -  Yorkshire.
 Ireland - East Yorkshire,
Slater - East Yorkshire,
Petts - Yorkshire, Derbyshire,
 Hughes - Yorkshire, Staffordshire,
Blackham - Derbyshire, Staffordshire,
Mason - Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Huntingdonshire
Leach - Thornton, West Yorkshire
Driver - Thornton, West Yorkshire
Ambler - Thornton, West Yorkshire
Drake -  Thornton, West Yorkshire
Holland - Staffordshire, Durham
Owen - Staffordshire, Gloucestershire

Offline nancy T F H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 February 14 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello cjl    Thanks for reply     My Robinson Lonsdale was the son of Greenwood Lonsdale and Mary Hartley.      Robinson Lonsdale was born in Keighley Yorkshire 1840 and died Yorkshire 1929.         I also have, Robert Robinson Lonsdale  born Keighley 1838 and died 1839     and Sarah Lonsdale born  1836 and died 1843 all were born in Keighley Yorkshire  The three  children were siblings  of my 2nd gt  grandmother Maria Lonsdale   Have we got the same family.     Kinds regards    Nancy 

Offline cjl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 09 February 14 19:54 GMT (UK) »
Nancy

I have no connection to Robinson Lonsdale but am more than happy to offer my help to you if I can.  Have you found Robinson Lonsdale in the census records?  If not, I am happy take a look for you and post any details which I find.  Let me know if I can be of any help.

Best Wishes
CJL
Redshaw -  Yorkshire.
 Ireland - East Yorkshire,
Slater - East Yorkshire,
Petts - Yorkshire, Derbyshire,
 Hughes - Yorkshire, Staffordshire,
Blackham - Derbyshire, Staffordshire,
Mason - Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Huntingdonshire
Leach - Thornton, West Yorkshire
Driver - Thornton, West Yorkshire
Ambler - Thornton, West Yorkshire
Drake -  Thornton, West Yorkshire
Holland - Staffordshire, Durham
Owen - Staffordshire, Gloucestershire

Offline nancy T F H

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 09 February 14 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again     I have all census records for Robinson Lonsdale Thanks for offer of help I just wondered if you had any images of Memoriam cards  etc. but it seems I have a different Robinson Lonsdale.   Thanks very much     Nancy

Offline stefon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Kemp Lonsdale Fairbrother Woolley
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 13 March 15 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I'm tracing my family back ground and the above Robinson lonsdale is my great great great grandad and looking for info on his family. His daughter maria married Isaac Sharpe who had a daughter Mary lonsdale Sharpe my granny.
I'm looking for help with the lonsdale side of the family links etc info etc etc etc
Thank you