Author Topic: McPhillips  (Read 25699 times)

Offline ryan7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McPhillips
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 05 March 11 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm interested in finding some info on McPhillips's from Clones, born in the 1900's - 1940's who would've likely have moved to either Scotland or England.
Is this a good place to begin looking?

Thanks

Anyone??

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 05 March 11 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm interested in finding some info on McPhillips's from Clones, born in the 1920's - 1930's who would've likely have moved to either Scotland or England.

Thanks

Do you have any names and dates of birth ?

You can try searching the 1901/1911 census and BMD Index for possible births and marriages, and then check the certs for any matches to your McPhillips family.

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline mona lisa

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 05 March 11 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that info. My McPhillips were in Canada Prince Edward Island and this would be an 1860's Marriage and the name was there about 30 years before (Charlottetown)

Offline ryan7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 05 March 11 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm interested in finding some info on McPhillips's from Clones, born in the 1920's - 1930's who would've likely have moved to either Scotland or England.

Thanks

Do you have any names and dates of birth ?

You can try searching the 1901/1911 census and BMD Index for possible births and marriages, and then check the certs for any matches to your McPhillips family.

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane

Thanks for your response.
I was looking for more info on a Henry A L McPhillips. I found his birth on BMD index however no further trace.
Is there any other sources i can check?

Thanks

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 05 March 11 23:09 GMT (UK) »
I was looking for more info on a Henry A L McPhillips. I found his birth on BMD index however no further trace.

Thanks

Henry appears to have been born in 1926... so a bit of a gap back to the  census returns. Your best bet is to order the birth cert to see if it fits the clues you have.

Once you have parents names you could then search for their marriage, and the follow that up by searching for them on the 1911 census... possibly with their families.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 05 March 11 23:21 GMT (UK) »
p.s. remember not to include details of any living (or possibly living) people in posts, as this is not allowed on RootsChat.

My Surname Interests

Offline ryan7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 05 March 11 23:22 GMT (UK) »

Thanks

Henry appears to have been born in 1926... so a bit of a gap back to the  census returns. Your best bet is to order the birth cert to see if it fits the clues you have.

Once you have parents names you could then search for their marriage, and the follow that up by searching for them on the 1911 census... possibly with their families.

Shane

Thanks for your quick response.
Yee. I'm not too interested in his parents as such. I know he had brothers named Gregory, Raymond, Siricus (sic?).
Henry moved to Scotland & disappeared down south to England were it is very possible he changed his name.

Offline United123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 18 November 20 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I'm interested in finding some info on McPhillips's from Clones, born in the 1900's - 1940's who would've likely have moved to either Scotland or England.

Thanks

Anyone??

I may be about 9 years too late, but are you still interested in information about Henry McPhillips

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 19 November 20 09:30 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Unfortunately ryan7 hasn't been on RootsChat since March 2011 but if his email hasn't changed, he will receive notification of your post and will hopefully return. If you make at least one more post (just say Hi etc), you can use the Personal Message (PM) system to contact ryan7 and exchange personal data, such as e-mail address.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo