Author Topic: Cornelius TULLY  (Read 10599 times)

Offline mvmag

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cornelius TULLY
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 January 11 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Have now received the "long form" marriage cert of Cornelius Petty Tully and Caroline Crees 9 Nov 1816 (Charles, Plymouth). Cornelius is listed as a Surgeon. And both he and Caroline have signed the document (nice writing, both of them). The witnesses were Mary Crees and Benjamin Densham.

Offline Stuart P

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 October 15 23:13 BST (UK) »
I have attached a photograph which purports to be Cornelius Tully, provided by Eileen Tully. Writing on the back reads "Doctor Cornelius Tully (Medical) English Army staff Peninsular War - Battle of Waterloo 15th July 1815, father of Thomas Dominick Tully, grandfather to C.B. Tully, gt. grandfather to Sydney J.B., gt.gt. grandfather to Jasper & Eileen." The colours appear to have been added to the original negative - blue tunic with green flashings. The badge on the sash is an Irish harp. I'm trying to  work out which regiment. I'm not sure at which date the technology was available to take such a photograph - late 1840s?
All Cabrach, Fyvie, Methlick in Aberdeenshire
Mee, Merrin, Stevenson in Notts Derby

Offline fanitot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 29 June 21 17:27 BST (UK) »
If anyone has a subscription to the French genealogy website Filiae - there are 2 entries for Cornelius Pettit Tully, one looks to be the birth records for Thomas Dominique in Bordeaux, the other a death?  Sadly you cannot pay per view, need an annual subscription to look at it!   I have just started looking into this Tully family, and to say they are interesting is putting it mildly!!