Author Topic: denigan/dennigan  (Read 27315 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: denigan/dennigan
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 08:28 BST (UK) »
all you need to order historic certs from the GRO are the references from the Index - i.e. name, record type (e.g. birth), year/quarter, registration district, volume and page number. The GRO order forms are designed for more recent certs used for legal purposes - passports etc

see:  Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 04 May 11 08:47 BST (UK) »
ahhh ok, my bad navigating skills on the net i would think, but still unless i actually want the cert for my files, i now have all the information i need :)
Ralph. Lever. Young. Lasham. Denigan. Sawyer. Moore. Stone

saville foljambe moore

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 09 May 11 10:00 BST (UK) »
i am posting this on this thread as otherwise i have to message each one of us separtley via fb or my emails.

do any of you denigan descendants remember a reference to a cissie or sis? my nan seems to think that cissie was a sister of irene, lawrence, mary ann and all the other siblings and yet i cant find a cissie. it could be that this was a nickname for the eldest sister winifred or that cissie wasnt a sister at all but a cousin etc, but both my nan and her brother and now a step sister of my nan have talked of cissie?

saville foljambe moore

Offline della1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 14 May 11 15:55 BST (UK) »
My name is Michael Denigan and today I became rather excited after doing a Google search with my family name Denigan, and came across a posting on this website regarding a James Denigan from Ireland who was married to a lady called Amy Ann Revell. My father, James William Denigan, who died some years ago had a father, James Denigan who was married to an Amy Revell which is why I was excited to discover this posting after so many years of not knowing my father's family history. I hope that you may be able to help me find any living relatives. I have been living mostly in New Zealand since 1962.

Kind regards
Michael Denigan

my email is: (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline della1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 14 May 11 15:58 BST (UK) »
hello micheal

my name is madeline dennigan i my father is (*) who i believe might be your dads brother i think you may have spoke to a
(*) we have who is related to the dennigans would be lovely to hear from you and find out a bit more about the family history love madeline (now called della)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline mjmce61

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 23:47 BST (UK) »
Oh, if only I had know of your existence when I was in UK last month!

What a family, my mother (a Dennigan) basically denies there was any family and getting information out of her has been a nightmare. Met a cousin in Liverpool who said her father, my uncle, was as bad.

The photo is the Dennigan women, my mother Joan in the centre, left Sophie  (my niece) Clair (my sister) and Clair (my daughter).

The family tree is my latest effort, I also have a copy of the wedding cert for James dennigan/Mary Ann Burke which I will post when I can get it scanned.

Regards
Michael

Moderator Note : photo removed - see : Personal data on RootsChat

Offline rachelralph

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 08:05 BST (UK) »
oh my goodness! so let me get this straight, the lady sitting down in the middle is a denigan?! she looks just like the other denigans i have met within this family!

which denigan are you related through michael? you can't post your mothers name without her permisson, but you post her fathers name if he is no longer living. are you the same michael who posted earlier in this thread, and you've just changed your profile name?

saville foljambe moore

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 09:49 BST (UK) »
..... I also have a copy of the wedding cert for James dennigan/Mary Ann Burke which I will post when I can get it scanned.

Full certs are not permitted on RootChat, but small extracts are permitted so that people can assist with sections that may be difficult to decipher.

Leinster Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline della1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 31 August 11 10:04 BST (UK) »
hello michael it is della here lovely to hear of you i have grown up not knowing my father lawrence dennigan who would of been your dads brother we have found out quite a bit of family history mainly from rachel ralph who i think is in contact with you we to have found out that back in the day the dennigans maybe were not very nice we hvae found all lawrence brother and sisters and unfortunatley they are all deceasead but the only one we cant find is my dad lawrence it seems he gone from the face off the earth would love to chat to you as i have grown up with no family of my own i now have my children are you on face book lots of love and thankyou for your reply love della x