Author Topic: rennies/raineys in wigtownshire  (Read 4759 times)

Offline raccyroo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
rennies/raineys in wigtownshire
« on: Tuesday 12 October 10 07:37 BST (UK) »
hi i have been trying to trace my grandfather david alexander bennett born in culter scotland and now recieved his birth cert and have found his mother was mary jane rennie and grandfather was david rennie born ire 1856 they lived in leswalt area and think they originally came from ireland as i am beginner at this and wondered if anyone has any info on the rennies/raineys
thanks

Offline KirstyG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: rennies/raineys in wigtownshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 October 10 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Raccyroo, Welcome to Rootschat :)

A transcription of the 1851 census for Wigtownshire can be accessed for free here:

http://www.dgcommunity.net/historicalindexes/census.aspx

There are several Rennie and Rainey families on it, including one in Leswalt.

If you are looking for particular information about individuals then post what details (dates, places etc) you already have and people can point you in the right direction of where to find more, or help you look.

Kirsty
Galloway,   Landers,   Lindsay,  Gillespie,  Irvine
Erskine,   McAdam,  Hawthorn
Robertson,   Duncan,   Edmonstone,    Black
Anderson,  Nicholson,  Crombie,  MacDonald
Arch, Herbert, Charlesworth, Chapman

Offline Machendo45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 September 18 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, your Grandfather David Bennett was my uncle although I never met him my mother his sister talked about him. Mary Jane Rennie who married a Bennett was my grandmother born 1880 and I remember her very well

Offline rachwg5

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 March 19 11:19 GMT (UK) »
hi there ,thank for answering my question such a long time ago , i lost my logins etc and started again ,i havent been on roots chat for ages ,think after the death of father last year it spurred me on to find out what happned to his father (david alexander bennett) yes i agree  bit of a rogue and heard of south africa , be good to connect i tried to contact another of dads cousins he had contact with but their number wasnt recognised .i have a fair few photos that were in my dads belongings of mary jane Rennie i think ,be interesting to se if they are ..thanks !