Author Topic: Seeking anything on Alexander Raffan SCOTT *COMPLETED*  (Read 35771 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking anything on Alexander Raffan SCOTT
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 16 October 10 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Izaputer,

If you need help deciphering the right hand side of that marriage cert ... you could copy and re-save it under a different name and then take a snippet of that right hand side and save it as a jpeg file (eg RChatOZ161010) and attach that snippet to your next post....

That way we can help you to decipher that old handwriting ....

The attach a photograph or image button is very easy to use here at RChat

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 October 10 07:20 BST (UK) »
Oooh, ok, credit card has been tucked away.  Marriage certificate of George Thomas Scott and Ethel May Willis is witnessed by Vincent Garnett Johnson and Elizabeth Jane Gordon (I've figured out that these are the brother and sister of Ethel May Willis - that's another story, what the heck happened to Henry George Willis, sailor -  he seems to have disappeared somewhere along  the way, but never mind.  Back to George Thomas Scott,  on marriage certificate he says he's 25 years old, bachelor, a labourer and living at 121 George Street, East Fremantle, WA. Says  his father is Alexander Raffan Scott, a clerk, and mother unknown. That's all I have on that document.  Good grief,  how can his mother be unknown to him, alas  and woe.  Thanks for you your help.  So wonderful.    :D

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 16 October 10 07:28 BST (UK) »
Oops,  I was referring to the Victorian marriage of Alexander Scott to Ada Matilda Deeker in 1887,  my mistooken,  I thought you had downloaded that one ...

There's an indexed death rego in 1928 at Brunswick Vic of an Alexander Scott aged 62.  His parents recorded as George (Scott) and Annie Hatchen Hatcherson.  Ref 4642

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 16 October 10 07:31 BST (UK) »
whoops, i just lost the plot there and didn't know how to reply; got it figured now.  Yes, the parents on the Deeker marriage certificate are George Scott and Jane Williamson as Alexander Scott's parents and James Deeker and Maria Tealy, looks like.  The witnesses are James Deeker and Edith Lawrence.  Cheers. :)

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 16 October 10 07:35 BST (UK) »
Alexander was born in Gauldry, Fifeshire Scotland  and his parents come from there, and the other parents, Ada Matilda's are from Coburg.  They were both 23 in July 1887 so that means Ada and Alexander were born in 1864.  Sorry, I've been trying to save handwriting snippet but I must be too stupid as it won't let me do it.  Sorry I can't provide that at this juncture.  It says I need acrobat 8, I will pursue getting it post haste.  Thanks

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 16 October 10 08:23 BST (UK) »
Ah see you have the info now ;D

IGI - extracted birth record. 

SCOTT Alexander
Born 11 Nov 1863 Balmerino, Fife Scotland
Father George Scott  Mother Jane Williamson   

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 16 October 10 08:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all the information.   I will work my way through it all now and try and link it all up; hopefully the word Raffan will pop up somewhere to seal the deal.  Totally indebted.  cheers  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 16 October 10 08:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your Thanks  :)

George Scott and Jane Williamson's marriage at Balmerino, Fife and several children :

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=home

Cheers,  JM

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 16 October 10 22:17 BST (UK) »
Oh dear, I haven't been able to find any concrete evidence that this Alexander Scott and Ada Matilda Deeker are the parents of this George Thomas Scott (father of Alexander Raffian Carl Scott) in WA.  No sign of the name Raffan or anything to connect or brothers and sisters connectin.  Can anyone put my mind at rest .... just came across a family tree that has a Mary Ann Morgan born 1834 -1894) marrying an Alexander R Scott in 1862 - had children George 1886, Mildred 1881, Ellen Jessie 1874 and Jessie Helen 1888-1972) and lived in Echuca - which is where George says he was born on World War certificate.  I don't know who this Morgan lady is.  I'm all confused now.   ???