Author Topic: Annie MAULE Scotland to Australia  (Read 9579 times)

Offline stuart.d

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annie MAULE Scotland to Australia
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 26 January 14 07:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tania
My wife is the relative Tedscout mentioned.  She is a descendant of John James Brown and agrees with most of your information and has gathered further information.

John McNab according to 1851 Scottish Census for Tullibody, Clackmannshire (Anc.. records) he was 26, therefore putting his birth around 1825, and was born in Doune, Perthshire.

I will PM you and Tedscout.

cheers
Stuart
Duncan, Newnham, Glenn, Brown

Offline Revolution

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 19 April 14 00:36 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Hopefully everyone is still monitoring this thread?

I am a great great grandson of Isabella Goudheur and William Henry Day via their son Alexander George Day.

If anyone can send me source documents I would really appreciate it. Trying to find out about Annie Maules life, marriages and children is equally fascinating as it is frustrating.

I have both marriage certificates for Henry Goudheer plus the marriage certificate and death certificate for William Henry and Isabella Day plus the marriage info for Alexander and Ruby Irene Spence. I also have Jane Day (Lewis) - mother of William Henry death cert.
McGaveston - Dublin-Ireland, France, New Zealand
White - Shalden, Alton, Chawton-Hampshire
O'Donnell - New Zealand, Co Down-Northern Ireland, USA
Franklin/Fraenkel - New Zealand, Prussia
Day - Echuca, Tongala, London, Fairford-Gloucestershire
Clark/McGraw - New Zealand, Ireland, England
McMahon -Ipswich-QLD, Kiladysart-Co Clare
Smith - Ipswich, Pine Mountain, Redbank-QLD, Co Westmeath, Co Cavan-Ireland
McGuire - Redbank - QLD, Co Westmeath-Ireland
Culhane - Queensland, Ardlaghan - Co Limerick

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 20 April 14 01:04 BST (UK) »
I corresponded with William Day who was a son of Alexander and Ruby Day. (I am descended through Daniel Edward Day, son of Isabella and William Henry). He wrote his autobiography, I assume you have a copy, if not let me know. I have Annie Maule's death certificate and births and deaths of children certificates from her first marriage to John McNab. I am happy to exchange info and have some photos as well, one, I believe is Annie Maule m Henry Goedheer. Also have one of Isabella Day nee Goudheur, the only one I have ever seen.

Cheers Tania Shalders

Offline Revolution

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 25 March 21 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Just a quick update on this for anyone reading it in future

DNA gave me links to at least 7 children who were the descendants of John Brown and Isabella McMahon. I found Edward Browns death on 18 August 1886 in Daylesford, Victoria, Australia. His parents are named as John Brown and Isabella McMahon. Also living in Daylesford was Edwards two sisters Ellen Brown and Selina Brown. Edward married Mary Ann Carrick on 18 May 1864 in a Private House, Daylesford, Victoria, Australia.

If Edward fathered Alexander Brown with Annie then he did so while he was married to Mary Ann Carrick.

I had one of Edwards and Mary Anns descendants DNA test and linked the families plus further links to the other children of John and Isabella Brown.

I have Edwards siblings marriages and deaths in Australia plus the records available in Ireland, USA, Canada and England for the other families.

Still no sign of John McNab. I think his father was Robert McNab based on Scottish naming traditions but haven't found the correct family to put him into.

Still no sign of Alexander Brown after 1908. Too many Alexander Browns to choose from.

Offline Revolution

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 25 March 21 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Also I believe Alexander Maules wife Margaret Hall died 22 January 1850 although this is probably her burial date. Whats not helpful is her death certificate says Margaret Hall, daughter of Alexander Maule.

We know its not Alexanders daughter Margaret Maule because Margaret married Francis Maule (possibly a distant cousin) 2 May 1851 then emigrated to Victoria, Australia in 1855 where she gave birth to another of her children on 29 Mar 1855 at Immigration Hospital, Portland, Victoria, Australia. Her death certificate names her father as Alexander Maule and mother as Margaret.

Margaret dies 26 Jan 1882 in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia and is buried in the Ballarat Cemetery.

Alexander Maule remarried to Elizabeth Simpson on 2 May 1851 in Alloa, Clackmannanshire, Scotland.