Author Topic: Annie MAULE Scotland to Australia  (Read 9582 times)

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Annie MAULE Scotland to Australia
« Reply #18 on: Monday 18 October 10 01:10 BST (UK) »
Ok I have spent the morning revising my information and I now think Marjory Annie and Daniel are McNabs who took on Edward Browns name when Annie set up house with him - oh how confusing.

If it wasn't for Debra I wouldn't know anything  ::) Ted
Gadsby's, Farmers, Neals - Leicestershire
Freemans, Littles, Corbetts, Branns - Australia

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 18 October 10 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Ted,

You will find young Daniel buried at Ballaarat.

http://ballaratcemeteries.com.au/cemetery_database.html

Debra  :)

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 October 10 03:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Debra, poor little Daniel - I wonder if anyone is with him might have to send an email.  :D

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 14 September 12 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone

I think I may be the person you have all been trying to contact. I am a great great granddaughter of Isabella Goudheur who married William Henry Day. I posted some research initially on Genforum in the hope that someone could help.

I have been looking for a death for both Edward Brown(e) and John McNab for a very long time. I was unable to find a marriage record in Alloa, Clackmannan for John McNab to Anne Brown. They had several children in Scotland before coming out to Australia.

I truly believe that Anne was never married to Edward Browne however I have a funny feeling that John McNab may have took off and left Annie. I also think that Edward might also have taken off.  I also was given a death date of 1898 by relatives in WA but cannot find him in the victorian idexes and have also checked all of the inquests for that time. Of course this can't be proven until we locate all the death certificates which might never happen. She then married Henry Goedheer and then he took off and married Catherine Marie Jones. I wonder what Annie must have been like to live with! There are death notices for Annie in the Bendigo Advertiser and I have found a death notice for John Brown (Isabella's brother) in the Melbourne Argus, John died on the 13th february 1946. However it didn't say where.

As to Alexander Maule, Annie's father, he died in Alloa in a brewery accident. He went into a room that was very hot with steam and was scalded. He died a couple of days later. This came from a newspaper report of the time.

I have been given some early photographs, they are not named but they came from a Day family collection. One I am sure is Annie and (going by the dating info) I think Henry Goudheur. It looks like a wedding photo. Another is an early photo and I think it might be John McNab with young Daniel aged about 2-3. It is really too early to be anyone else.

Look forward to hearing what everyone else has to say.

regards
Tania Shalders

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 24 January 14 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Dear Tania,

I have only just found your post I hope you are still recieving messages from here. Another relative has been in touch with me recently an it would be good to compare notes.

Cheers Ted

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 25 January 14 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ted, great to hear back from someone at last. Isabella Goudheur (Browne) was my great great grandmother. She married William Henry Day at Whroo on June 6, 1878. At that stage Henry Goudheur was listed as her father but her real father was Edward Brown (e). Really not sure about the (e). Isabella was born at Talbot on 1 March 1860 but her birth does not appear to have been registered, possibly as Annie & Edward were not married.

I have rechecked the shipping too, the ships name was "Bourneuf" not Bourneup. Obviously whoever was transcribing got confused with the curly end of the writing.

Look forward to sharing notes. Cheers Tania

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 January 14 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Also forgot to say that I have documentation and newspaper reports, shipping lists, obituaries etc. Am happy to share but am unsure how to share email addresses. I am on Facebook though so you could request through that I guess???

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 25 January 14 00:59 GMT (UK) »
hello again, after reading through all the posts I though I would put this up to clarify a few things:

John McNab born abt 1825 married approx Dec 1847 Alva, Stirlingshire, Scotland

Annie Maule born 19 Nov 1826 Clackmannan, Scotland.

(Annie was a daughter of Alexander Maule & Margaret Hall).

Annie & John's children
1. Robert McNab born abt 1847 Menttier, Clackmannan, Scotland
2. Daniel McNab born abt 1849, Clackmannan, died 7 July 1854 Ballarat (Diahorrea), buried 9 Jul 1854 Ballarat (I have certificate).
3. Margaret McNab born & died Clackmannan 1851
4. Marjory May McNab (aka Marion May Brown) born 7 Dec 1852 Geelong, Victoria, died 9 July 1945 Mt Lawley, Western Australia. Buried 11 Jul 1945 Karrakatta Cemetery, Western Australia (Perth)
m. William Anderson 24 April 1872 Bendigo.
5. Annie McNab born 14 Aug 1854 Ballarat (I have cert), died 23 Mar 1914 Kew, Victoria, buried 23 Mar 1914 Boroondara Cemetery, Victoria. Married Johann Bohling 11 Oct 1873 Sandhurst (Bendigo)
6. Daniel McNab born 26 Aug 1856 Magpie, Victoria, died 15 June 1875 Graytown, Victoria

Children with Edward Brown (e)
7. John James Brown born 3 June 1858 Ballarat (I have cert), died March 1946 Albury, New South Wales m Charlotte Elizabeth Stevenson 18 July 1881 Sandhurst (Bendigo)
8. Isabella Brown (later took Goudheur surname) born 1 Mar 1860 Talbot, Victoria, died 10 Sep 1946 (I have cert) Balwyn Victoria. Married William Henry Day 6 June 1878 at Whroo.
9. Alexander Brown (nothing known except that he was still alive when Annie died in 1908).

Annie married Henry Goudheur (Geodheer) on 13 Jul 1871 at Graytown Victoria (I have cert).

Henry then married Catherine Marie Jones in 1883 and had three children to her:
Harry Leo Goedheer
Irene Mary Goedheer 1887-1924
Mary Lucretia Flor Goedheer -1889

Have heaps of further detail if you are interested

cheers Tania

Offline tedscout

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 25 January 14 02:23 GMT (UK) »
Always interested in everything about this family Tania.

I have to go out for a while. I will be back here in about an hour.

Cheers, Ted