Author Topic: Maindample, Victoria  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maindample, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 October 10 09:08 BST (UK) »

Tom,

There probably is more articles, I think that the two owned the mine privately then others got involved when it became registered and then had directors.

Seems that the mine was a good gold producer.

Gerry

Offline bushman 410

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 October 17 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Salty, not sure if this discussion is still relevant as I think it was quite a while ago but just to let you know I have done some research on the Maindample /Royaltown gold mines and have visited the area which is near (100Km) me . I have researched and visited the Horse shoe gold mine which was also called the Forbes & Viceroy gold mine over the time it was operating. If you are interested I will try to post a photo of the actual gold mine area.

Bushy

Offline Salty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 October 17 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Bushy,

I thought this had died a death. lol

I actually came down to Oz in 2013 and found the grave of my great uncle, (The man who originally owned it) on the outskirts of Melbourne. I did not have the time to try and find the mine itself.

If you could post pictures of the mine it would be great, if not I will give you my email address and you can mail to me.

Salty
KENT-CANTERBURY & DEAL areas.  Brient-Hitchcock-Reynolds-Pittock;O'Neill-Ireland-Whitman-Harvey-Martin-Norris
ESSEX-DEDHAM- Hitchcock
HANTS-BASINGSTOKE, PRESTON CANDOVER & surrounding areas, Mills-Whitman-Marshall-Whitear-Hall-Patience-Burke-Bulpit-Wise-Marlow-Page - Pragnell.
SOMERSET-FROME area, Marshall. Dredge.
WILTSHIRE-HORNINGSHAM area-Marshall
ABERDEEN-Middleton-Milne-Cruickshank-Stevenson-Ogg