Author Topic: McIntyre: Arran/Holy Isle  (Read 59445 times)

Offline McIntyreDownUnder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McIntyre: Arran/Holy Isle
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 08 June 10 06:49 BST (UK) »
Marc,

Probably 3rd Cousin, - "Cousin Mark"!

Where does that put Cousin Yoric?

I look forward to receiving what you can send. I have made contact with two people at the AHC and will see them on Sunday.

We will be in Calgary on the 26/6 for a few weeks - will wave as we fly over the Falls!!

Do you have this photograph? I'm wondering who the Boss in the front is??

John

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 08 June 10 18:36 BST (UK) »
Mister Moderator?

I'm a girl!!

:o ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 02:40 BST (UK) »
I've got the book actually. Let me know what grace can give you rather than me send you stuff she may give. my apologes Miss moderator LOL :)

your right 3rd cousins. It would be the same with yoric I think. I use rootsmagic software. Let me see what I can come up with re emailing stuff.
Marc

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 02:50 BST (UK) »
Funnily enough I just got back from Niagara falls tonight. If your flying from the UK to Calgary, they fly the Polar route, so you won't be anywhere near them. I live 5 hrs east near Ottawa. You'll enjoy the stampede. take in the rodeo and chuckwagon races. if you like rodeo, the best in the world compete there. besides, you gotta be baked in the head to get on a 1500pd bull for 8 seconds!
marc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 03:21 BST (UK) »
Hey Marc

What book are you referring too as I don't have anything else. Presume you are relating to the bonfire photograph?

Did I mention I have an extensive tree from Janet (Taylor) & John McIntyre down 2 generations of the 11 family lines? other lines go down 5 but your line with John McIntyre-Margaret Cummings but I only have their daughter Annie McIntyre.

If you can assist and to clarify so far I have 8 girls and 3 boys -
Elizabeth, Annie, Catherine, John, James, Janet, Violet, Margaret, Archie, Maria and Mary

I can wait till my Sunday visit to AHC if you wish.

Yea, left over Iceland!, then greenland and north east Canada. Pancake breakfasts here we come.
John

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 19:28 BST (UK) »
My (Peter) KELSO family on Holy Isle also had 11 children - no telly though!

;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 10 June 10 02:04 BST (UK) »
They had 4 children: Anne Waterston, John( my grandfather) Jenny(janet Taylor) and William. Annie married Gavin Hamilton, Jenny Married James Jack, Their son James(I think goes by Jim lives in Brodick I believe. John and William came to Canada along with their parents. My understanding is William took his own life unfortunately. their parents returned to Scotland after WW2 and died there.
marc

Offline flyderaght

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 10 June 10 02:06 BST (UK) »
It's a book about arran and that was one of the pics. It's buried in a box at the moment.
marc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 10 December 10 02:30 GMT (UK) »
December 2010

Hi all,

We had a great trip to Scotland and went to the Heritage museum. Met a relative Joan Pellow -  GM Catherine McIntyre.

I have now put together a family tree. I also have a copy of the family register which shows 13 children to John McIntyre and Janet Taylor. there are a few spaces to be filled in and perhaps some mods so let me know what you know.

I am sending the tree link to Marc and if anyone else would like same, again let me know.

John