Author Topic: Holywell BMD & Christening records?  (Read 6868 times)

Offline Wrexthedragon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Holywell BMD & Christening records?
« on: Thursday 21 October 10 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi I have found reference to the above in the 1840s. Can anybody tell me where these reocords are stored/available for public viewing?
Thanks in advance

Offline Colin D Gronow

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member of the Association of Graveyard Rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: Holywell BMD & Christening records?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 October 10 08:33 BST (UK) »
Do you mean

http://www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/bmd_welcome.html

They contain, BMD's index for Holywell.

Offline Wrexthedragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 October 10 09:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the prompt reply, a very useful reference website!
Many thanks

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 October 10 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Wrexthedragon.
Flintshire(Holywell) & Denbighshire Baptisms Marriages & Burials are stored and available for public viewing at the Records Office in Hawarden

http://www.archiveswales.org.uk/plan-your-visit/flintshire-record-office/

Paul.

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 31 October 10 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I have some older church records for Holywell St James at home, (a list of which and dates are listed in flintshire look up offers) if you require a look up just let me know.

Sarah
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 15 May 11 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi I wonder if you could do a look up for me on BMD for Holywell please.

The family is Harding.  What I have so far is
1871 cns:
Sarah Harding nee Davies
William Harding
Sarah Ellen
Kate (my g grandmother)
Ann
Mary Alice

I believe that William was the son of Peter but can't find concrete evidence of this, other than on their marriage cert which states William age 34 a whitesmith living in Greenfield with Peter Harding Blacksmith as his father and says (JANE) Davies on main details on cert but then at bottom where here mark is it says SARAH!! very confusing but I think just a mistake.

On 1841 cns it states William as age 15 Ironmonger apprentice and several other children with mother Sarah but no father PETER who I suspect after looking at records died 1839 in Holywell.

He's on 1851 cns also with his mother and married sister Ann Roberts and her family.

I think Peter had family but can't find his birth, if I'm looking at right family he had a brother named Samuel and William, I have their marriage details and wills, Peter wife was named Sarah Rogers and they married 19/3/1821.

If you could come up with any further info I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 May 11 13:55 BST (UK) »
Just to add to that, I can't find William and wife Sarah on 1881 or 1891 cns!! What happened to them?  I know Sarah's sister married a man in Stockport cheshire, as Kate was staying there on the 1881 cns but where was sarah, william and the other children??  Actually, Ann one of the daughters WAS on the 1881 living with Sarah Roberts aged 45 Head, with her children and ANNIE HARDING - DAUGHTER AGED 12!! Well I presume this was her.
Any help at all anyone???
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 May 11 22:53 BST (UK) »
Am more than happy to do look ups in my Holywell St James books but am a little confused on exactly what I'm looking for, or who I'm looking for. If you just do a list of people you want looking for and put down their name and approx dob or marriage date.  ;D
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 16 May 11 10:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you Rah1980
I will put together all the info I would like.  I really appreciate the offer of help.
Catherine