Author Topic: William Hull born 1861 in Shoreditch, London.  (Read 12969 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Hull born 1861 in Shoreditch, London.
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 27 May 12 00:37 BST (UK) »
I think I am right. William Hull senior also had a daughter, Anne, who married Richard Godfrey in 1898. Don't know what happened to him, but in 1901 census, she is head with William and his second wife, Elizabeth in Willesden. It is all very confusing! ???

I would love you to be right because that would mean that this would be solved.

However, I really do think you should check out the information about this William before you decide:
Willesden is in Hendon district
He marries in Hendon district in 1886 - Ann marries Richard Godfrey in Hendon district.
William marries Emily/Emma Rose from the home address of the Devonshire William Hull.
William remains in Willesden through the censuses

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dingles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 31 May 12 19:40 BST (UK) »
I did check that. Not a match. William Hull, carpenter, from Tamiton foliot, near Plymouth, Devon, married Elizabeth, unknown last name, also from Devon. She died in 1883. William remarried in May 1884 to Elizabeth Russell, a widow. He had moved from Alpha Place, and was living at 4 Sussex Place. My cousin also said that she had heard the family came from the west country. William's father was Mark Hull, a farmer. His older brother Mark went to London before him. He was also a carpenter. The 1911 census messed me up as it had Elizabeth being born in Southampton instead of Northampton, but the number of years married was right. I think that Henry Hull, born 1869 died in 1877. Strange there is a 4 year old Henry in 1881 census, turned to James in 1891 census. Maybe, Henry James? Anyway, I think this is correct. Phew...

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 01 June 12 20:41 BST (UK) »
Not sure I understand you re checking out.
The Alpha Place William marries Emma Rose. Do you mean another William Hull moved to that address after the other Hulls moved ?

Offline Dingles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 01 June 12 21:55 BST (UK) »
It would appear so. There were a lot of William Hulls around. Also, Devon William Hull's son William, born 1859, was a photographer, who was 21 when he got married. :)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 13:49 BST (UK) »
I can only reiterate that the marriage and census evidence does not prove your theory and, in fact, casts doubt on it but as it is your family,your opinion is all that counts. :)