Author Topic: Le Quesne and Le Cronier interests  (Read 6801 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Le Quesne and Le Cronier interests
« on: Saturday 23 October 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
I would be ionterested to hear from anyone with these interests in Jersey.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline sandrastocks54

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Le Quesne and Le Cronier interests
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 10 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ringrose

I've got Betsy Le Quesne, born in Jersey in 1830, in my tree.  Do you recognise that name?

Sandra

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 November 10 20:40 GMT (UK) »
I only found out about my Elizabeth Le Quesne (5 times ggrandmother a few weeks ago. Looking at the Jersey Family History Site I found a book costing £4 called"THe Le Quesnes of Jersey". There are a 140 pages full of family trees and snippets of information  about various Le Quesnes. I think I found Betsey bpt 12 April 1829 amd married William Edward Langer 15th May 1870.THis is not my Le Quesne line . Some trees go back to 1400s.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )

Offline sandrastocks54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 November 10 20:46 GMT (UK) »
That sounds like a fascinating book.

This mustn't be my Betsy le Quesne as she married Jean Couillard.  Perhaps le Quesne is a common name in Jersey?

Sandra

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 November 10 08:38 GMT (UK) »
I will look again as there are so many Quesne branches in Jersey and loads of different branchjes to look at.
Ringrose

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 November 10 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Have looked under the pages and pages of spouses which then takes you to the right tree but I cannot find a Jean Couillard. Did they marry in Jersey?Do you know her parents names?
Ringrose

Offline sandrastocks54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 November 10 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ringrose

I've been looking again at my Betsy Le Quesne.  I think her name was Elizabeth and she could have been born between 1823 and 1830.  She was born in St John's but I don't have any parents names for her.

Betsy and Jean's first child, John Francis Couillard, was born in 1850 in St Mary's so I guess they were married shortly before then.

Sandra

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 November 10 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Have looked again but still no marriage to a spouse with the name given to me. It is possible they married on another Channel Island or in UK   What do you think?
Ringrose

Offline sandrastocks54

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 20 November 10 11:50 GMT (UK) »
It's possible.  I haven't found out anything about where the Couillards came from yet, so I'll keep looking!