Author Topic: ellis familyfrom frodsham to garston  (Read 24461 times)

Offline lesls

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ellis familyfrom frodsham to garston
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 January 11 03:10 GMT (UK) »
need help in finding my gf's older brother samuel (my unkle) and his decendents.samuel ellis b 13 jun 1877(?) christening date 01 jul 1877 in halston, cheshire eng. father joseph ellis b1857 in weston eng, mother sarah ratcliffe b 1858 in halston cheshire. information i have states samuel lived in widnes & married beatrice kilcullen and had 2 sons,wilfred and john stanley (stan) ellis who ran a pub in widness there were some sisters also. my source told me that the children were born after 1916. the 1901 census indicates samuel was in widnes sub regis dist. i did find a record of his death in jul  1979 in widnes. i know he was 102 when he died. i have 2 possible findings from ancestry "eng & walesdeath index 1916-2005 .john stanley ellis b21 aug 1924, death reg apr 1988 age 63 in kent county and another in apr 1992. age 67 in lancaster county.(?) the only beatrix kilcullen was a cheshire non conform record 1691-1900 showing a baptism date of 17 mar 1889, record place runcorn che eng .father thomae kilcullen & mother mariae kerrigan kilcullen the only wilfred ellis i found was dob 19apr1916. death regist 2001, age 84,regis dist warrington, cheshire. i did find a eng marriage 1538-1973 which turned up a marriage of a wilfred ellis and a marjoria lemma woricker,date of marriage 5 aug 1933 in chelmsford essex eng, but no other info to make a decision.
any help would be appreciated , and a family tree would be fantastic

thank you lesls

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 01 January 11 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Lesl...happy new year...just to let you know it is HALTON  and not Halston...I`ll have a look at those names now.....allan :)
ADDED...
F****** M Ellis b sep qtr 1916 daughter
John. S. Ellis b sep qtr 1918  son
J**** W Ellis b mar qtr 1921  son...presume middle name is Wilfred ? (your 1916 find is wrong...sorry )...
H**** Ellis b sep qtr 1926  daughter
P******** M Ellis b mar qtr 1932  daughter
all on www.freebmd.org.uk  name  ELLIS  Mothers maiden name  Kilcullen
can`t post full names in case they are alive....allan ;)
added
1889 KILCULLEN Beatrice Runcorn, Halton RUN/62/84  ....Beatrice birth cert off www.cheshirebmd.org.uk
allan...if you want me to PM you these family member FULL names...let me know... :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline lesls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 19:33 GMT (UK) »
to garstonite  hi allan thanks for the reply and a happy new year to you also. thank you for the correction of halton. my early contact had it spelled wrong, and i had used it way since. i realize that some of my names and dates were wrong but was what came up on my limited program. i tried both bmd and was able to bring them up, but could not figure out how to use them. i have a few questions. i have a different bd for john s, this came from ancestry.com eng & wales death index 1916-2005 ? on bea kil you\typed RUN/62/84 and birth cert off.? what is PM? not familiar with it. and yes it would be helpful to know the full names.
i went to the fam search library yesterday and one of the workers worked with me for a couple of hours. we were able to pick up a marriage record, not the exact date but jan-mar 1916. and is it possible that john was in the royal artillary? picked up aclose clue.
i am going to the library again this afternoon and work some more.
remember i am a novice at this..ps the library has many programs to work with, but it doesn't mean they are always right.hope your weather has cleared up.  lesls

Offline lesls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 January 11 23:46 GMT (UK) »
to garstonite  hi allen, haven't heard from you in quite a while. hope all is ok. i was hopeing you could get the 1st names of the siblings.  i was able to find 3 sets of names on a roberts family tree. they were my 4ggf samuel & wife margaret and 8 of their children, and to of their children, martha b1793, her marriage to thomas lockett and their 6 children,  and son thomas, b 1796, andmarriage to mary barrow, and their 5 children.  i should be able to check the census' record for additional info.  maybe this new database on family search will be helpful. would like to hear from you. lesls.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 03 February 11 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Lesl....I have been a little sidetracked....as you know my surname is Oakes.....and I came across on lan-opc
John Oakes to Ann Ellis.........the Ellis are my mums side....so I am trying to find out if Ann Ellis who married John Oakes (I can`t connect John Oakes to my tree) is in any way connected to the Garston Ellis clan....is she by any chance in your tree ?......sorry to branch off....can you explain ...are you looking for the children of Martha Roberts and Thomas Lockett ....or the children of Samuel Roberts and Margaret ...was Margaret an Ellis ??
allan ???
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline archives 1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 06 February 11 11:08 GMT (UK) »
I was born at 28,Ellis Lane,Frodsham Bridge ,Frodsham, Nr.Warrington,Lancashire (in those days)

Ellis lane is an unadopted lane being of ( in those days) cinder compostion, as many of the children can vouch too. we still bear cinder chips in our knees.

The name 'Ellis' has perplexed a great many locals, the only conclusion we can reach is this. At the start of the Lane, to your left were originally very old cottages, maybe a family named Ellis lived there.

The very far end was a farm,which was/is on Cholmondoley estate land.

I have more information relating to the houses in my files. The council houses, 28 was the last in the block, mum and dad were the first family in no 28. c1930s. The lady now in no 28 is the the second family to move in in 1954.

tell you more re housing if you wish,

Moderator comment: Amended to remove personal information

Offline lesls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 19:49 GMT (UK) »
archives 1  thanks for the info. i have traced my ellis lineback to 1760 in frodsham, but am having difficulties now. any info would be nice to have. esp about ellis lane. my direct line left england for the states in 1913 and i am the last male in this line. thank you. lesls

Offline archives 1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 21:13 GMT (UK) »
No problem..Les...what part of the USA are you living in? I have connections in Pa. and Florida. :)

Offline lesls

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 20 February 11 18:18 GMT (UK) »
to garstonite, hi allan, sorry to be slow, been under the weather. i did not know your surname. ann is not a common name in my line.so far the only ann's i have found are ann worrall,b 1823in overton.she was married to charles ellis b1821 in weston, mar date 1846, they had a daughter sarah ann b 1853 in weston (?). what dates are you looking for in this search? i'll give them a try.   according to the part of the roberts family tree that i have martha ellis b 1793 and thomas ellis b 1796 are children of my 4ggf &ggm. ,samuel ellis and margaret (williams) ellis. martha married thomas lockett 25 sep 1814 in frodsham. they had 6 children. both martha and thomas died in 1858. my thomas ellis married mary barrow 11 aug 1819 in frodsham. i have these children's names and b datesif you want them. i am not looking for either roberts or lockett's line  i have not been able to locate any of thechildren of samuel with out the given names. maybe if you could send them to me by mail or post. (*)  thanks  lesls

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal information removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.