Author Topic: Tubman/Foster of Kilmore:  (Read 7520 times)

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tubman/Foster of Kilmore:
« on: Tuesday 26 October 10 17:47 BST (UK) »
I have George Tubman (Corracanway) & Elizabeth Foster (Shannon) who married 03/Jul/1872 in Kilmore. Elizabeth died 06/Mar/1890 Kilmore, Derheena, Derryheen, age 44yrs.
Children found:
Robert Abt 1873, 1901 & 1911 Census.
William George Abt 1883, 1901 & 1911 Census. Married Jane Stafford 15/Sep/ 1915, in Billis.
Francis (Frank) 01/Apr/1885 Kilmore, 1901 Census not on 1911?. IGI has marriage to Margaret Lang and several children, which notes Frank's parents names and marriage Abt 1913.

I cannot find any documents for Frank's family, marriage or childrens births, can anyone confirm these events in Cavan. 

Anything also welcome on Elizabeth Fosters parents (Father: John on Irish Church Marriage Record but no Mother's name noted.) or any other siblings.

Any help on the above, most welcome.

Duncan.
McDonald: Patterson: Hart: Josey: Provan: Meldrum: Murphy: McIntyre: McEachern:McColl: Cupples: Burt: McCormack: Steele: Laird: Hardie: Robertson: Easton: Sneddon: Skinner: Stark: Shaw: Sanders: Chapman, Gordon, Grant, Littlejohn,  McLeod, McHattie: Younie: Ironside: Spalding, Smith: Mathieson: Ower:
Koens.

Morvern, Argyll: Glasgow, Lanarkshire: Falkirk, & Grangemouth, Kippen, Kilsyth: Stirlingshire: Dumfries & Borders, Scotland & England:
Aberdeenshire: Morayshire: Ireland: Netherlands.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Tubman/Foster of Kilmore:
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 18:27 BST (UK) »
That Tubmam/Lang marriage on the IGI is submitted, so date and/or place be an estimate or guess by the person that posted the details.

I dont see any Margaret Lang marriage between 1910 and 1915 in Ireland on the civil BMD Index.. but there is one Francis Tubman marriage in Longford..

Where were their children born ?

p.s. Mother's names are not shown in Marriage certs.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane,
 IGI record notes that children were born in Cavan, checked the birth records and none stands out as them. Person who submitted file is quite specific about a few of their deaths but no place inserted for demise.  Marriage was noted as Gowna, Cavan Ireland, Abt 1913:

William George, Abt 1914 - 02/Aug/1991
Francis, Abt 1916 _ 03/Sep/1984
John, Abt 1918 - Abt 1922
Cyril Louis, Abt 1920 - Abt 1944
Cecil Robert, Abt 1926 - 23/Oct/1993.

All noted as Derena, Cavan, Ireland:

Duncan.
McDonald: Patterson: Hart: Josey: Provan: Meldrum: Murphy: McIntyre: McEachern:McColl: Cupples: Burt: McCormack: Steele: Laird: Hardie: Robertson: Easton: Sneddon: Skinner: Stark: Shaw: Sanders: Chapman, Gordon, Grant, Littlejohn,  McLeod, McHattie: Younie: Ironside: Spalding, Smith: Mathieson: Ower:
Koens.

Morvern, Argyll: Glasgow, Lanarkshire: Falkirk, & Grangemouth, Kippen, Kilsyth: Stirlingshire: Dumfries & Borders, Scotland & England:

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 20:00 BST (UK) »
With a rare surnames like Tubman and Lang they should be easy to find on the Civil Index...

do you have certs for any of the family ?

Any details from the IGI should only be treated as possible clues... and need verification with civil or other records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 20:43 BST (UK) »
found a possible matches for two of the children on the civil index :

Name: Cyril Louis Tubman
 Registration District: Cavan
 Event Type: Birth
 Quarter and Year: Jul - Sep 1923
 Volume Number: 3 / Page Number: 70

Name: William George Tubman
 Registration District: Cavan
 Event Type: Birth
 Quarter and Year: Apr - Jun 1914
 volume : 3 / page : 71

It might be worth ordering cert to confirm the details of the parents.  see : Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon

p.s. there's also a more recent 1930 birth for Tubman/Lang which you can find using mother maiden name in the search on the index.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 October 10 21:52 BST (UK) »
Marriage was noted as Gowna, Cavan Ireland, Abt 1913:

I've just seen a Lough Gowna in the west of Co. Cavan, and it's very close to the border with Co. Longford... so maybe that marriage I mentioned earlier could fit after all ?

Name: Francis Tubman
 Registration District: Granard
 Event Type: Marriage
 Quarter and Year: Oct - Dec 1912
 volume : 3 / page : 123

The town of Granard which is the base of the district is just over 12km from Lough Gowna..  The Granard registration district include townlands in Longford, Westmeath and Cavan.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 07:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane,
                Thank you for the information. I do have documents for the family from Irishroots site. Francis's Irish Church Baptism Record being one. I did look for that Longford Marriage you suggested but could not find one under either Tubman or Lang. I cannot see any of their children listed on the site.
Prefer to get documents online, and official BMD's are a bit pricey for distant family connections, being in Glasgow.
                                                                                    Thanks again Shane.
                                                                                                    Duncan.

P.S. Irish Documents offer little by way of confirmation on some, lots of the boxes remaining blank most of the time? I find this difficult to understand, comparing them to our Scottish ones.
Koens.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 08:03 BST (UK) »
Research certs from the GRO only cost €4 which is less than a IrishRoot/IFHF record.

The IrishRoots website is mainly parish records and these often do not contain as many details as civil records (details included vary by parish). For most areas the website also only includes birth & marriage data up to about 1900 so may not  not include that 1913 marriage, or any of their children.

see :
 Introduction to Irish Records
 Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon

and these topics for the details that civil certs contain :

Details included on a Birth Cert
 Details included on a Marriage Cert
 Details included on a Death Cert

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline DUNMAC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 October 10 17:59 BST (UK) »
Cheers Shane,
                        I'll study your links closely, I was referring to GRO certs at 10 euros each.
I have only been trying out your Irish sites for the past few weeks and still on a learning curve here, your aid pointers are greatly appreciated.
                                                                     Duncan.
Koens.