Author Topic: FTM 2011 - Right Click  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
FTM 2011 - Right Click
« on: Tuesday 02 November 10 16:15 GMT (UK) »
In the "Web Search" screen.
After clicking a green leaf, you may have a list of census entries that are potential matches for your person.

So, having highlighted (by clicking on it) the census entry you are interested in you have two links to the left of the entry - for example "1861 England Census" and ".".

In versions of FTM 2008-2010 I was able to right click on those links and copy the url so I could paste it in my web browser. I prefer to do this as I can then Ctrl:Click links and have several tabs with information on them.

In FTM 2011 right clicking the link does nothing. I can Shift:Click the link which will open the link in a new browser window. It's a workaround but not what I really want, and not what used to be there.

Any suggestions on how to get the right click menu back (for links in the "Web Search" screen) or as to why this menu (a normal menu that appears when you right click any link in any web browser) would have been disabled?

WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***