Author Topic: BRAY family North Tamerton  (Read 2961 times)

Offline jbee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BRAY family North Tamerton
« on: Sunday 10 April 05 20:56 BST (UK) »
I am trying to identify the father of Ann BRAY, who was baptized 11 Nov 1787, North Tamerton. Parish Register shows only her mother Elizabeth BRAY. I have been unable to find any Quarter Session record to indicate who the father might be. There seem to be four women in North Tamerton at that time who could be the mother. Two married, spouses still living and two who are the daughters of the first two. Of the younger pair one is only about twelve and the other about fifteen. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Thanks'

Jack
ANDREW, BAYNES, BEECHING, BRAY, CLEGHORN, COLE, EDWARDS, FLEXMAN, GALSWORTHY, GARTON,  LOCKETT,  MOCKFORD, QUANCE

Offline KernishKim

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: BRAY family North Tamerton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 April 05 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack

Found baptism of Ann Bray North Tamerton, 1784
Parents Robert and Elisabeth Bray.
Could that be her?
Found on website familysearch.org  - I.G.Index
Golder, Mitson, Norwich<br />Wilson, Southwell Notts<br />Curnow,Laity, Cornwall<br />Anderson, Durham<br />Ryce, Scotland

Offline jbee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BRAY family North Tamerton
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 April 05 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,

The same data base shows the baptism I referred to in my post "11 Nov 1787". All other age indicators I have found coincide with this later date. It is certainly possible her parents had her baptized again or that one child died and a second was given the same name. I may never know.
Thanks for your help,

Jack
ANDREW, BAYNES, BEECHING, BRAY, CLEGHORN, COLE, EDWARDS, FLEXMAN, GALSWORTHY, GARTON,  LOCKETT,  MOCKFORD, QUANCE