Author Topic: delighted  (Read 750 times)

Offline slogger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
delighted
« on: Monday 11 April 05 05:08 BST (UK) »
Not wanting to reinvent the wheel and going on my late mothers info that her brother had carried out some family tree research i recently made contact with a distant cousin I`ve only seen once in the last 35yrs.

To my delight she has sent me what they have of the tree which is 4 generations .. and her husband is interested in genealogy too. He even has a relative with the same name as my fathers family  .. well u never know!

We are 2 swap emails and i am going to photocopy and send him all my stuff from my recent "genealogy via the internet" nightclass.

With 10 children in my mothers generation and 11 in the previous there is plenty to keep me busy.

Renewed connections? The letter and enthusiastic response really  made my day.

Paul E

Re: delighted
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 April 05 09:58 BST (UK) »
That's great news for you slogger! A boost like this shows how valuable it is to spread the news amongst the family that you are doing FH research.
Hope you introduce your cousin to Rootschat!

cheers

Paul

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 April 05 11:55 BST (UK) »
That's great Slogger.

A similiar thing happened to me over the weekend.  I was browsing the Rootsweb mailing ilists and came across some names I recognised in one of the posts.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I emailed the sender and for the past 3 days we have been swapping information!!!!!! I am so pleased and excited.

The only downside is....................... I've now got another JONES line to research, and yes, they are from Wales (Montgomeryshire/Powys to be exact)!!!!!!! ;D

The headache starts now.......... :-\

Jan ;)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 April 05 16:51 BST (UK) »
I met my second cousin twice removed on the Cheshire requests posts a couple of months ago.  We were both thrilled to bits.  Today he has sent me a huge file of all the information he has collected on our mutual ancestors.  I am thrilled to bits.  However neither of us can find them in 1851 or 1861, so we are still searching.  It's really lovely finding relatives who are as keen on research as you are, and super when you can exchange information.

Jan - re: Jones .... you have my sympathies .... my Mum's maiden name was Jones ... so I know what you mean !  :-\

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright