Author Topic: trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH  (Read 17077 times)

Offline Marg123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 06 August 19 17:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne, my great grandfather was William Crumlish, he came to Glasgow around the 1870's 1880's he came with his wife Anne but there has always been a story that he had run away with her from Inishowen, as she was very young around 15 or 16, they had four daughters then my grandfather Thomas Crumlish who was born around 1892 he married my grandmother Margaret McSally, she has her first child two weeks after her 16th birthday and her last at 45, 12 children in total, 7 sons and 5 daughters. As you can imagine there is a lot of Crumlish descendants. My mother Was Mary Crumlish. 

Offline Marg123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 01 September 20 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,
My Great Grandfather was William Crumlish( he was a coal Carter)who was born in  inneshowen., his "wife was called Anne., there was a story that they weren't married and they had ran away and came to Glasgow, they had four daughters then my grandfather Thomas born in 1895, on the 1910 census it mentioned Anne Crumlish who lived with her son John who was a barber, they lived in Castle Street, Glasgow.

Thomas married my Grandmother Margaret McSally ( she was only 16) they went on to have 12 children, 7 sons and 5 daughters, my Mum Mary was one of the daughters. I hope this helps. Margareat Cowan