Author Topic: John Garrett Master of St. Neots National School 1861  (Read 4437 times)

Offline Beaujolaiswine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Garrett Master of St. Neots National School 1861
« on: Wednesday 17 November 10 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks

I am seeking some help to identify John Garrett age 35 born in Clerkenwell Middlesex (with the occupation of Master of National School) who was living at High Street, St. Neots in Huntingdonshire with his wife Elizabeth age 40 who was born in Barnsley Yorkshire, according to the 1861 Census.

I am unsure if the National School was in St. Neots.

I am also having difficulty in locating a marriage for John Garrett and his wife Elizabeth. John Garrett's parents were Charles Garrett and Mary Anne Cheffins.

Any help to clarify matters would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Richard  :)
Garrett (particularly in Hampshire); Miller (particulalry in Hampshire); Goodey/Goody (particularly in London, Middlesex and South Oxfordshire); Phillips, Williamson and Crockett all in Buckinghamshire; Farnham in Cornwall, Pyne in Sussex and Ireland; Mursell in Hampshire and Isle of Wight; Burnett in Scotland; Bramham in Yorkshire; Colebrooke; Watts

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Garrett Master of St. Neots National School 1861
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 December 10 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Are you still looking for information or were the responses you received on your cross post on another board sufficient? It seems as though there were two Charles and Mary Ann Garretts with a son John, although of different generations
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline Beaujolaiswine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Garrett Master of St. Neots National School 1861
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 December 10 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bedfordshire Boy

Thanks for your reply. I am still looking for information as I currently have 2 possible marriages fro my John Garrett to an Elizabeth Noble in 1856 in N. Witchford, Cambridgeshire or to an Elizabeth Crowe in 1852 in Samford, Suffolk, according to Free BMD entries.

I wondered if anyone with local knowledge particulalry of the St. Neots area may know more.

Regards

Richard  :)
Garrett (particularly in Hampshire); Miller (particulalry in Hampshire); Goodey/Goody (particularly in London, Middlesex and South Oxfordshire); Phillips, Williamson and Crockett all in Buckinghamshire; Farnham in Cornwall, Pyne in Sussex and Ireland; Mursell in Hampshire and Isle of Wight; Burnett in Scotland; Bramham in Yorkshire; Colebrooke; Watts