Author Topic: Day/Farrington Family - NSW Australia/Cambridge England  (Read 7367 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Day/Farrington Family - NSW Australia/Cambridge England
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 02 January 11 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have Day, Farrington and Hart in my trees, see the list at the bottom of this posting. All the Cambridgeshire names I have interconnect except for the Stimpsons who are on my father's side of the family, and originated in the Wisbech area. All the others are from the Bottisham/Lode area, very near to Barnwell.Some of my relatives went to Australia too, i.e. James Ayres my great uncle who migrated in 1903.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 02 January 11 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Redroger

What are your Day / Farrington names etc...

Jamison

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 02 January 11 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Day married Holmes Cornwell at Swaffham Bulbeck in 1786, and John Farrington senior, no further info; his son also John Farrington married Sarah Ann Brignell at St. Pauls Cambridge in 1870. I have her born in 1858, which would give an age of 12 at marriage, early, but in that era definitely possible and legal.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 02 January 11 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Mine are

William DAY and Elizabeth FARRINGTON m. 24 Feb. 1834 St Andrew the less Cambridge and went to Australia in 1840/41 

Both died in Hay NSW.

Offline zish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 02 January 11 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Redroger, do any of your farrington's relate to any names or dates I have submitted?

Cheers
Zish.

Offline zish

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 02 January 11 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Redroger, do any of the names, dates or placed relate to any of your Farrington's?

Thank you. Zish.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 03 January 11 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Only date I have for Elizabeth Day is her marriage art Swaffham Bulbeck 11th July 1786. As her husband Holmes Cornwell was born in 1764 I would imagine, but have no further data, that she was in her early to mid 20s, and probably came from that village if she followed tradition and married in the bride's home parish. I have no information on John Farrington other than that he was the father of the John who married Sarah Ann Brignell on 4th Sept 1870 in St. Pauls Cambridge. From the census he seems to have been born in 1844, place as yet uncertain.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 07 January 11 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Day married Holmes Cornwell at Swaffham Bulbeck in 1786, and John Farrington senior, no further info; his son also John Farrington married Sarah Ann Brignell at St. Pauls Cambridge in 1870. I have her born in 1858, which would give an age of 12 at marriage, early, but in that era definitely possible and legal.
Hi there, my Day names are from Bilston she was Mary Day mother  She married Robert Allen. more info if you have these names.mMary and Robert had 3 children ..one being Elizabeth 'Allen ' born 1765 she married Walter Jenkins of Cwmcarvon Monmouthshire.3 Walters in this Jenkins's line. O f Trealey Farm Mon;[Treharne, 'Allin,' Pritchard,hannah Jenkins born 1810/11  married George Truscott] Anyone with these names please answer for more info /dates etc; thanking you so much, good luck with your researches.. regards and happy new year  from Diane.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 07 January 11 16:01 GMT (UK) »
For purposes of elimination I know of no connections between my Cambridgeshire relatives and Wales.