Author Topic: John Darragh Killowen Coleraine  (Read 5640 times)

Offline Doire

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Darragh Killowen Coleraine
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 July 19 15:57 BST (UK) »
Just a piece of information. The John Darragh from the Loughan is not the same John Darragh (My Gt Grandfather ) who was from Killowen. I don't know if they were related but I have not found a connection.

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 July 19 16:41 BST (UK) »
Doire

This is interesting.  According to Ancestry DNA the Killowen one would be my match but I believe it must be very far back.  It links me to two users managed by one person, and in addition a lady from Giant's Causeway originally whose paternal ancestors were Logans of Olphert St, Long Commons,  Coleraine presumably by a Charles who was in the army and married a Letitia Lee from Buncrana in the 1860s.  Charles and Letitia went to Scotland circa 1875.  Do you find anything familiar in this?  We are still trying to make the connection from Coleraine, to Scotland to the Causeway to Limavady. And then there's those matches at Damhead/Knockintern......
McFadden, McCaldridge, M'Aldridge, Gordon, Robb, McDonald

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 July 19 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Aghadowey  Thanks for contribution - I call Rootschat a site - I am not well up on computer speak.
I was wondering if you are the DNA match personally, managing for someone, or if Rootschat holds DNA matches, when you say "We have DNA/I have DNA"...

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 July 19 19:14 BST (UK) »
Rootschat does not hold DNA matches etc.

Both OH and myself are showing some mutual matches that seem to connect to Arthur/Campbell, etc. I am awaiting results for a 3rd DNA test which should match to OH and possibly myself which might sort out possible lines of relationship.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 05 August 19 19:33 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey
Most interesting - I have DNA match with Campbell on Family Tree DNA.  Arthur is an unknown name to me. Is it possible for matches to be sent to me by means of PM with names and centimorgans please?  You will know who I am, but I cannot ascertain who you are, and would appreciate an indication of the location and families involved, even without your identity.

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 21:02 BST (UK) »
On a previous enquiry I had mentioned possible connection to McDonald Limavady, just found it is more likely to be McDonald of Killowen Coleraine, possibly the branch of the family which saw a Joseph  married to a Susan Wanlock or Wenlock 1910.  They lived at Blindgate street with her mother and step father McLaughlin, and Joseph was a tailor.  I would appreciate any surnames that the daughers of the family married into, and any information of what and where Susan and Joseph's children worked at for a living, to verify a piece of info that I have.  Also any headstones would be of interest.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 21:41 BST (UK) »

.......a Joseph  married to a Susan Wanlock or Wenlock 1910. 

Marriage in 1910 for information:

Party 1 Name   JOSEPH MCDONALD
Party 2 Name   SUSAN WENLOCK
Date of Event   01 August 1910
Group Registration ID   2020665
SR District/Reg Area   Coleraine

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1910/09989/5632632.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Sandel1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 21:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the marriage info.   I have this and saw their gravestone, but it is their children which should link into my research.   Any info welcome about what they did for a living, as the person who is key to the research worked with one of this family in the 1950s.

Offline Leannemary87

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 26 April 21 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi I've just came across this post after finding out the parents of my great great grandmother who was Mary Darragh, (married flemming, widowed and married Hanson) I've been told that Robert John Darragh and Sarah Ann Christie was her parents (Killowen connections) I can't seem to find anything on them. Is this the same connection?