Author Topic: Ade family  (Read 10158 times)

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ade family
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 30 December 10 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jennie,

I have sent you a Personal Message with my email address.

The major difficulty in trying to uncover his parentage is the fact he was imprisoned before the 1841 England Census and therefore there is no direct linkage to research.   Certainly he appears on the Parkhurst Prison Census Return but that only shows the most meagre details, name, age and little else.   I shall use the extra pieces of family knowledge you quoted and see whether or not that produces results.

Otherwise I shall send you a copy of my Biography for him, with all Kevin Mortimer's input, and ask you to edit the manuscript.

For now

Tony

Offline honora402

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 02 January 11 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello - is this "J"?  I am researching Ade family back to Gregorye Ade in Kingston-Near-Lewes Sussex around 1540.

Offline looking for james

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 02 January 11 11:15 GMT (UK) »
sorry honora - not related

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 02 January 11 13:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Honora

Welcome to Rootschat :D

This Ade family thread seems to have gone off on a tangent, but hopefully someone who is related to the Ade family will be back shortly. Meanwhile if you want any specific help post your query here or on a new thread as appropriate.

Jan ;)

Oh and welcome 'looking for james'  as well :D
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline looking for james

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 05:16 GMT (UK) »
yes sorry about the tangent - was trying to get hold of tony about the parkhurst lads and saw that he was on this thread

Offline Beulah624

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 23 September 16 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony

I noticed you have information on James Mortimer, a Pankhurst boy. I would appreciate any information you might have as I am related through Molly Burrows.

Regards

Gavin

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 23 September 16 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Gavin,

Certainly I shall be more than delighted to send you a copy of my work for James MORTIMER.

However, I require your email address, via the Personal Message outlet.  But you need to have completed 2 or 3 posts before this can be done.  I suggest you post 2 or 3 more messages , just saying "Hello", for instance, and then you can use a Personal Message to confirm your email address.

Hopefully this makes sense ::)

Tony

Offline poppyg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 19 February 20 04:49 GMT (UK) »
This is a bit too late for your thesis.  I think John Wesley Ade became John Wesley Ade Thomas in New South Wales.  He was a shoemaker and may have been employed by his future brother in law George Bramer (also a shoemaker).  He married as John Thomas to (H)Esther Jane Head in 1855 in Maitland.  They had three children (Sarah Jane, William Henry & Maria) who would provide him with 21 grandchildren.  By the 1870s the family had moved to the Sydney inner-city area and they were an urban family.  He married again late in life and died in 1912 [THOMAS.—July 8, 1912, at his residence, Dora, Ocean-street, West Kogarah, John Wesley A., dearly beloved husband of Mrs. Amelia Ellen Thomas, aged 80 years.].  He is buried as John Wesley Ade in Woronora Cemetery, Sydney.  In 1896 he applied for a patent for an invention relating to tobacco.  The Sussex Advertiser states that his crime was stealing one jar of strawberry jam worth 1 shilling. 

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 20 February 20 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello poppyg,

"Better late than never" would be very appropriate, but the details are extremely welcome.    Thank you.

My research into Parkhurst Prison 1838-1864 and the "Parkhurst Boys" continues, now as a retirement "hobby".   Creating biographies for them is a matter of constant updating with the accompanying constant increase of new material on-line.   My research of John ADE, however,  ended with his Ticket of Leave to the Muswellbbrook District in late 1849, so your information is a case in point.   

I will certainly amend the narrative I hold but, if possible, could you let me have any citations for the details you provided.   They would be helpful.

For the moment and, once again, thank you.

Tony