Author Topic: How do I...  (Read 5157 times)

Offline 7blue1pink

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
How do I...
« on: Friday 20 August 10 13:12 BST (UK) »
How do I find out more about a couple that marry? is there a record in the parish of the 2 families that lived there at the time of the wedding?  My couple George Attrick Price and Jane Hollis wed on 29th Aug 1876 in the parish church, parish of St Mary's county of Hull Uk.  I cannot pin down this man by what info he gives that day and have been stuck for 5 years. Suggestions please??? Regards  ::)
Price, Cunningham, Hattrick/Attrick, Gray, Mobbs, Wilson, Bramwell, Morris, Russell, Haines,
Allison, Watson, Drake, Wilson, Tindle/Tindall, Hardwick, Parnham, Hollis, Hitchins/Itchins

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: How do I...
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 August 10 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

Are you descended from one of their children?  If so - can you give us the name, birthyear and birthplace of that child to help trace the family

Have you looked for them on the 1881 census to establish their respect birthplaces?  The 1881 is free at

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=census/search_census.asp

What was George's age and his fathers name at the time of marriage

Same info for Jane please

George Attrick Price

Where did you get the middle name from as the freebmd marriage record only shows George
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline 7blue1pink

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 August 10 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for your help...
All I have is from the wed cert: George Attrick Price 21  Bachelor Hawker from st mary's: dad George price  store dealer.   Wed: Jane Hollis 18 Spinster   st marys:  Dad Reubin hollis  trimer?

witness thomas Walker....and M A Walker   (Mary Anne?)

I know a little more about Jane, b boston abt 1858 and her family, especially on her mothers side.   I Know thats how Im related to the Cunningham family through them
On Her dads side not so much, except I think he was married before with other children but may be wrong.
its this George charactor I cant match up.  Ive been pulled with the thought he may have changed his name ie for instance there is a family fitting the bill nicely called Parnham locally: the mother was Attrick before wed.  Cant prove anything and nothing fits snugly with this man.  I found him in 1881 in yorkshire with jane, grace and andrew  (it was under Geo Price...and my g grandfather Reubin, his son, was under BinBin!! took an age to find that one. By the way he's still only abt 22 he says and its 4 yrs later. I'd just like to lay this one to rest now..anything else please ask.  Thanks  :'(
Price, Cunningham, Hattrick/Attrick, Gray, Mobbs, Wilson, Bramwell, Morris, Russell, Haines,
Allison, Watson, Drake, Wilson, Tindle/Tindall, Hardwick, Parnham, Hollis, Hitchins/Itchins

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 August 10 01:16 BST (UK) »
Full 1881 entry - family were in Derby - not Yorkshire

George Price 22 b Notts - Hawker
Jane 20 b Boston Lincs
Grace 4 b Boston
Andrew 1 b Hull
Andrew Wilson 22 lodger b Notts
Bridget Machen 21 lodger b Leics

1891 for Wakefield Yorkshire 

Jane Price 31 widow glass & china dealer b Boston Lincs
Grace 16 b Boston
Richard 10 b Thorne
Samuel 8 b Horncastle
Reuben 5 b Lincoln
John 3 b Crowle
RG12 Piece 3747 Folio 17 Page 27
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 August 10 01:45 BST (UK) »
Although Jane Attrick did not marry George Parnham until 1866 - they were living as a married couple in 1861.

In 1871 - George is a general dealer

1861 for 39 Norfolk St Worksop

George Parnham 31 chair bottomer & lodging house keeper b Derby
Jane  24 b Doncaster
Alice   9 b Notts
George 8 b Lincoln
Richard   2 b Notts Worksop
Thomas  1 b Worksop
RG9 Piece 2418 Folio 58 Page 4

I cannot find a Jane Attrick on earlier censuses

Offline 7blue1pink

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 August 10 14:48 BST (UK) »
Thank You Carole.  I do have the stuff you found...also Jane Attrick in 1851 with others, including Parnhams sister Ann lwho is wed to Chas Russell (head) st benidict Lincoln.  Also her mother and father Samuel Hattrick  60 on 1841 census with Elizabeth 40
Margaret 17, Ann 11, Ellen 9, Jane 6, Selma $, Thomas 16 mths.

Ive traced the Parnhams and George Parnham the 1sts Father Richard Pernham 45 1841 Derby all sts.
 Someone actually suggested that George Parnham junior could well be our man..but how do I prove or disprove that?  tried checking if his dad died and mum married a Price, no go. the only other thing is Jane Attrick may well have had Alice and George b4 she wed Parnham but in-between census's?  Got her in 51....and 61 with him...but could she have had the 2 eldest kiddies b4? or did they come with him?  Big gap in their ages for instance? And they were born different places.  But why would my GP take the middle name of Attrick if this was the case?   Its a mess....thats why its taken 5 yrs to get this far.  ???

Offline 7blue1pink

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 September 10 12:46 BST (UK) »
Carole?  do you know how I can find a birth for this George Price?  They give Lincoln 0n 1861 census, abt 1852/3....but Ive checked that out and found only 1 in 1854..not him.
He may have been born Notts or derbyshire I suppose if close to boarders etc..
And as G A Price, he gives Notts.  Anyway of finding the mothers maiden name of births in notts without sending for lots of certificates please??

Someone in the family had found that he bought a bit of land/property in New Buckenham Norfolk in the name George Attrick Price , it says, (assuming the name of Parnham) in 1887 and the next year he shot himself over cruelty abuse to his daughter Grace.  He was 32 and have recieved copy of newpaper clips.  His gravestone says George Parnham, son of George and Jane,  late of Lincoln...and I just know this is my man (and if it is he seems to give his legal? name? on legal forms ie wedding certificate and deeds)
 It expalins why no one in the family could find a death certificate in the area he came from etc.  But I need to find the birth to satisfy myself he is one and the same as my george by getting the mothers maiden name.
Im not sure where else on this site to pose the question of finding his birth?  Only thought of you?  Thanks a lot ..

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 10 September 10 14:59 BST (UK) »
Unless you win the Lottery - you may struggle

Freebmd has several possible George Parnham births between 1851-1855 in Notts/Derbyshire

No Attrick births and no George Attrick Price birth but quite a few for George Price

Offline 7blue1pink

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 29 October 10 11:29 BST (UK) »
How do I find out more about a couple that marry? is there a record in the parish of the 2 families that lived there at the time of the wedding?  My couple George Attrick Price and Jane Hollis wed on 29th Aug 1876 in the parish church, parish of St Mary's county of Hull Uk.  I cannot pin down this man by what info he gives that day and have been stuck for 5 years. Suggestions please??? Regards  ::)
Found!! At last I have proof that George Attrick Price was using the name Parnham and proof that he shot himself in Norfolk aged 32. Still to confirm his birth father...uhhh! A task in its self. Hope this all may proove interesting to others in my family line doing research??  Have newspaper clips if anyone would like one...