Author Topic: Alfred Charles Minshall-Oswestry  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Alfred Charles Minshall-Oswestry
« on: Thursday 02 December 10 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone able to find out why Alfred C Minshall and family suddenly moved from Oswestry to West Derby after 40 settled years there and also he changed his occupation from Silversmith/Jeweller to commercial traveller for a billiardball makers.He had 3 children all born Oswestry and Alfred Lester Minshall aged 17 at time of 1911 census was supposedly the black sheep.Could there be something in a local newspaper.And were would I go to find out?

Thanks for reading this.
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mins-jones1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Charles Minshall-Oswestry
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 December 10 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobelruss,

I am researching the Jones's and the Minshall's from Oswestry. I'm afraid I dont have much information for the Minshall's from 1846 to present day so would be very interested to see if we have the same point of reference somewhere.

Please PM me and I will send you my email.

Tracie xx :)
McCoy/Lobb - Devon
Brook/Hews - Neath & London
Minshall/Jones - Shropshire
Ditchfield/Radcliffe/Jones - Lancashire/Cheshire
Peel/Murray - Cumberland

Offline minshall08

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobelruss
I have been researching the Minshall family of Oswestry for several years.
I came across your message whilst doing a general search, I have now joined rootschat to contact you.
I would be keen to find out what you know of the family and pass on what I have found out.
I had come across some documentation on Alfred Lester about a motor buisness he'd had that was wound up but any further info you have on him being a black sheep would be very interesting.
He is not the only one however I have a couple of others.
My grandfather was brought up by a family called Tudor and was said to be the result of an affair between one of the Minshalls and his domestic.
I have managed to confirm most of what I was told but which of the Minshalls was his his father is still a mystery.
Do you know what year Alfred left oswestry, his brother John also moved away.
My grandfather was born in 1908.

regards
Chris (chris.jones947(at)tiscali.co.uk)

Offline anna minshall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 July 20 23:42 BST (UK) »
HI- Im Alfred Lester Minshall s granddaughter - Alfred was Alfred C's son )  Do get in touch. Anna Loveday Minshall