Author Topic: bedlington east end fc completed  (Read 1505 times)

Offline thomas1879

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
bedlington east end fc completed
« on: Friday 10 December 10 19:25 GMT (UK) »
does anyone have any photos of bedlington east end football club from the 1940 to 1950 my dad played john wlliam hedley mill field bedlington and i think my grandad john william both got called jack managed them for a while my dad said other players were called owen monaghan albert corky kirkpatrick  ken monaghan john kane george hale this was in the 50s managers assistant jonny davison also playing brian auld  tony brogan
hedley frost gwynn nevison hopkins

Offline Eggy1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bedlington east end fc completed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 May 21 11:18 BST (UK) »
thomas1879 - I posted your comment on the Bedlington community group - bedlington.co.uk - as a member, Ovalteeny - on that group had done a lot of research into the Bedlington Mechanics team his granda, Sep Kidd, had managed. I remembered Ovalteeny had gone to the Woodhorn Archives to research the team and whilst doing that he kept a record of any info that he found on any of the  Bedlington teams that were playing in the era he was researching.
Unfortunately this was Ovalteeny's response

Offline Eggy1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bedlington east end fc completed
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 May 21 15:06 BST (UK) »
As the image I posted above (the first image I have posted on this group) is too wide for the text within the image to be viewed on a single screen here is the written text pasted into this message :-
  From the research that I did I can confirm that there was a football team called Bedlington East End FC. After trawling through all the local league tables (between 1946 & 1956) in the Blyth News/Morpeth Heralds available at Woodhorn Archives I can see that they played in the East Northumberland League from season 1951/52 through to 1955/56. At the same time there was also Bedlington Dr. Pit Welfare FC and also Bedlington Mechanics FC playing in leagues of a higher standard. However, I have not discovered any photos or indeed did I find any match reports or team selection, so I can't help with naming names.