Author Topic: Allingham,where?  (Read 12857 times)

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
Re: Allingham,where?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 December 10 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Yes indeed!

Offline Gombeen Man

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 20 December 10 20:48 GMT (UK) »
IŽll send you a PM, otherwise we are setting this thread off topic.

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 20 December 10 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Quite Right!

George, Here are the two Allingham Pics I said I would post for you.

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 20 December 10 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Last Allingham Pic - got your PM, George, good luck with your  other Irish lines. We have taken the Boyle discussion elsewhere! Think that is Rosaline in the back seat.

Offline Ian Allan

• RootsChat Extra
  • James & Willie (seated) Allingham, 1916.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 June 11 04:18 BST (UK) »
Seoras:

Did you have any success with your research into Crawfords and Allinghams. My grandfather was Robert Crawford Allingham (1883-1973) from Glasgow. He was the youngest of 10 children. His older brother, James, had a son William McChesney Allingham, who was killed in World War I and is remembered on the Tyne Cot Memorial in Belgium. This group of 10 kids comes from James Allingham and Ann Flynn, who were married in Ireland (I believe) on August 19, 1857. According to research by another man many years ago, James Allingham was the son of another James Allingham, while Ann Flynn was the daughter of a John Flynn. Can you fill in any of the blanks here for me? I can give more details on this branch of the family tree if you want.
Allan, Wright (Glasgow & Stranraer), Allingham, Hollway, Dyett, Yeatman, Graham (Edinburgh), Hannah, Flynn, Hurst, McGarvie (Stranraer).

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 11 June 11 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian,most of my Allinghams in Scotland seem to have been around the Bathgate/Torphichen areas,but Robert and Crawford seem to be common names in the Leitrim Allinghams.I have really only followed my Crawford but have recently found another Allingham connection in my tree,Francis.I am working most of today but will have a look at my files tomorrow.Most of the info I have was very kindly supplied by Pastmagic including this link below to Allingham lineage which you might find useful.

http://ralphinla.rootsweb.ancestry.com/alinglei.htm

SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline Ian Allan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 11 June 11 15:46 BST (UK) »
Wow. That's remarkable work. My family works into section 27. I don't see where I should email in additions. For James Allingham (the key guy in section 27), there is a 12th child -- Robert Crawford Allingham. That's my grandfather.  I have other details on this specific branch of the family. One of James Allingham's children (James Allingham), had a son Willie Allingham who was killed in WWI. 
Allan, Wright (Glasgow & Stranraer), Allingham, Hollway, Dyett, Yeatman, Graham (Edinburgh), Hannah, Flynn, Hurst, McGarvie (Stranraer).

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 11 June 11 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian,I should have said also welcome to Roots Chat,you will find lots of help on here from some very knowledgeable people.I don't think the creator of that tree has added for some time.Have you managed to get William Allingham's service records,I managed to get them for my great great grandmothers two brothers,both killed in WWI.One didn't have much there but the other had 23 pages.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline Ian Allan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 12 June 11 06:29 BST (UK) »
What do you know about where to obtain service records. Where do you go for? And what should be requested?  My parents have four uncles and one cousin who were killed in WWI. All are Scottish. I have units & numbers for all of them.