Author Topic: Louis Selig  (Read 9448 times)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Louis Selig
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 January 11 11:06 GMT (UK) »
I think that says Hoagen.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline goodman4ancestry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 November 13 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Justin, I noticed u are a direct descendant of Fanny Selig. Her granddad Selig Kusel b.1781 is the brother of my 3x ggrandad named Abraham Kusel. They are both sons of Samuel Kusel my 4x ggrandad. Selig's branch of the family settled in England while Abraham's family settled in america. That makes us cousins. I am happy to share ancestry info with you. Hope to hear back from you. Regards. Bob

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 November 13 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bob,

Sorry to disapoint you, but I am not in any way related to the Kusel/Selig family.

I have researched the Jews of Mecklenburg quite extensively, and gathered a lot of information, because there were suggestions that one of my family branches came from the former Duchies.

As it turned out, this branch - my main patrilineal branch - originally came from Schweinshaupten in Bavaria. Schweinshaupten and Burgpreppach were the posessions of the Barons Fuchs von Bimbach und Dornheim, the seat of the family being in Burgpreppach castle.

Our distant ancestors may well have been acquainted. That's a strange thought.

Rgds, Justin

Offline goodman4ancestry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 29 November 13 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynn. Fannys ggranddad, Samuel Kusel is my 5x ggranddad and apparently yours too.

If you'd like to share family ancestry information please let me know.

Regards. Bob in USA

Offline jim wheeler

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 13 April 20 19:19 BST (UK) »
Baron Samuel de Kusel: I came across his grave today in Lingfield cemetery. He's buried there with his wife, daughter and son-in-law. His unusual title caught me eye, hence I googled him. If that's interesting to anybody in this thread, let me know!

Offline berylsrelative

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Johanne Marie Christine Winter Kaufman (30 JAN 1762 • Gräfenroda)
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 26 November 20 15:02 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the death records of Johanne Marie Christine Winter Kaufman who was married to Johann Michael Kaufman.   It appears that most of her married life was spent in Dornheim where she gave birth to six children.  Her youngest, Christian Ernst Kaufman was born in 1804 in Dornheim.

Christian Ernst Kaufman's birth records of 1804 is the last direct record that we have of her.   Her husband died in 1806 and his death record noted that he was married.   So it is likely that the spouse/widow was Johanne Marie Christine Winter Kaufman.

We checked the records of Arnstadt, as well as Dornheim, Stadtilm, Grießheim, Behringen,
Gräfenroda and the family registry in Arnstadt (which included her husband Johann Michael).

Got any suggestions of where I should go next to try and find Johanne Marie Christine Kaufman's death records?

Thanks.