Author Topic: Mulkerrin  (Read 3508 times)

Offline galwaygirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mulkerrin
« on: Friday 17 December 10 04:23 GMT (UK) »
First time using this.  looking for daisy loo, can't figure out how to contact you regarding mulkerrin.  my grandmother was Mary O'donnell, sister to Michael O'Donnell.  Mary married Peter McDonough, they lived in south boston.  I currently have a cottage in Barna.  I've  been to my great grandmothers house where she grew up in Carna.  If I figured it out correctly the Walsh's live there now and have for awhile.  Best I can figure walsh must have married into the O'donnell family, course I could be completely wrong.

Sr. Catherine Mulkerrin was my cousin (distant) and could never figure out how, your posts were extremely helpful.  She was a lovely and brave woman, met her a few times.  Dad just said they were cousins and that's all he knew.

Looking for more information on O'Donnells, Kelly (Catherine, Mary's mother), Greene (the maiden name of Catherine Kelly's mother).  Also looking for info on McDonagh, I believe his dad was Thomas and his mother was Bridget Joyce.

thanks for your help.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mulkerrin
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 December 10 07:16 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat- have just sent Daisyloo a message that you are trying to contact her but see you've posted on one of the threads. Hopefully she'll be in touch soon but between the weather an holidays she might be quite busy.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 December 10 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Aghadowey - thanks for the pm... ;D

Galwaygirl :)  Hi....and yes, welcome to RC

My partner is a Mulkerrins (originally the family name was Mulkerrin), the O'Donnells would be related by marriage only.  I believe my partner's father (dec'd) his auntie Catherine married an O'Donnell.

I haven't gone too deeply into this side of the family yet....there are many many siblings, and as you know, Irish records are slow!  I am pretty busy at the moment, my daughter just turned 5, and we have a busy christmas coming up  ;D ;D, but in the New Year (or perhaps when I get some free time during the holidays) I will dig it all up, and find out a bit more.  My Partner's 2nd cousin, (I think that's right, this cousin would have been a first cousin to my partner's father) is living with the family, and he (an O'Donnell) has just returned from visiting family in Boston.

If you post a couple more messages on this thread, you can then send me a private/personal message.

Looking forward to comparing notes!
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline galwaygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 December 10 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for responding.  I appreciate any information you have and I know the holidays are hectic.  Look forward to catching up in the new year.  Happy holidays.

Offline galwaygirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 January 11 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Daisyloo,

I recently found out more information regarding the Mulkerrins, I'll have to go through the records again but I think there is another connection O'donnell/Mulkerrin in addition to the one I listed before.  When you get a chance I'd love to hear from you.  I have to change me email so I will keep the name as close to this one as possible.

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 January 11 13:55 GMT (UK) »
I have sent you a pm with my personal email address :)
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline SouthiePete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 06:14 BST (UK) »
Mary Margaret McDonough from the aran islands?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 16 September 20 22:49 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Mary Margaret McDonough from the aran islands?

You need to give us a bit more information  ???

When was Mary Margaret born? Was she RC? Was McDonough her maiden name?

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline SouthiePete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 17 September 20 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hmmm Just noticed Galway Girl said Mary was her grandmother and I'm pretty sure GG isn't my sister or cousin, so probably not the same unless I have surprise family in Ireland...