Author Topic: FLOWER family from Melksham  (Read 11546 times)

Offline Jan Kingshott

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: FLOWER family from Melksham
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 April 13 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Perhaps you would be interested in seeing my research on this family. I would certainly like to see the work that you have done. We may perhaps be able to see some possible links.

I've also got a photocopy of the book that you mention, but, as you say, the Corsham family don't get much billing in there!

I'll PM you my email address.

Kind Regards

Jan

Offline Ukandrewf

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 June 14 15:00 BST (UK) »
I'm just beginning this research. I know my present flower family is from Weymouth Dorset and i think my great great grandfather came from swanage Dorset. There is a branch of the family in Bournemouth.

My middle name is john which I believe has been passed down the family.

So interested to see if there is a connection with Wiltshire.

I'd always been told there were two flower families one from the north and one from the south of uk. It's not a very common name .

Andrew flower

Offline hengeman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 February 19 00:09 GMT (UK) »
My 6th gt grandmother was Elizabeth Flower who married John Caswell 13 Apr 1686 Cherhill. I'm pretty sure her parents were Robert Flower and Jane Snowswell.  Born 10 Jun 1666 Ogbourne St George.  Robert was born 7 May 1641 Chippenham, which I think makes him from the Corsham line.
Rumors were that the Cherhill line was very musical, and the Corsham line had musicians who played for The King.

Some years ago, I downloaded ALL the Wiltshire Flower family entries from the LDS IGI, and I merged them into my Caswell file, which has 101,000+ names.  This is a working file, so there are lots of loose ends, and as the IGI could have several entries for a couple, one entry for each child, It makes it difficult at times.  Here is the file https://moonrakers.com/Caswell.ged.zip

I have many other family name downloads from the IGI, and if you want a copy, just ask (PM) me.  If anyone has a comprehensive Flower gedcom please let me know. I'd love to add it to my files.  Ultimately, I'm interested in seeing how my Elizabeth fits into the Abe Lincoln line. My American neighbors will treat me like royalty!  :-)

Offline bullwhip

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 December 20 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to help a friend with the same problem, but Elizabeth does not belong in the Lincoln line.  The Elizabeth in that line was a Morris. She was married to William Flower. William would have been Elizabeth Flowers cousin

Offline oldhippy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 March 22 10:02 BST (UK) »
I have Robert Flower 1571- 1636 married Edith Rutty 1573 - 1640 in my tree. His father Nicholas who married Perwell Cooke but I have seen documents say that she was Petronella Cooke as stated on the Moonraker site so who is correct?

Ancestry auto fill say Nicholas father is Sir John Flower 1515 - 1610 from Melksham who married Agnes Gregory no other info on her. So I'm stuck, so can anyone help me out with this such as is this right or wrong.
Please scan photos at 300dpi or higher. Thank you.

Hambling. Mexter. Taylor. Bailey. Bolton. Boyse. Davenport. Fisher. Godfrey. Goff. Hawkins. Holmes. Jarvis. Joseph. Leek. Morgan. Osborne. Ross. Sharp. Webber.

Websites
http://hamblingfamily.tribalpages.com

http://taylorfamily1.tribalpages.com