Author Topic: Walter Miles  (Read 3599 times)

Offline jonmiles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Walter Miles
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 December 10 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Gortonboy.

Again, many thanks for the information, it was just a strange name but from what you have written I suppose there had to be a place for wounded troops to be 'housed' although surprising that they did not return to their original Regiment once fit.

Amogst the many experts on Roots, is there someone with an interest in boxing prior to the the 1940's?

Regards

jon

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 19 December 10 17:06 GMT (UK) »
glad to be of help...if you need anything else,,just holler  ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline forester

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 19 December 10 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Jon,

Did you know that he has two medal index cards?

There is one that shows GSM and clasp for Iraq, under James A Miles 7th Dragoon Guards D/31762 and 391373.
Address 99 Talbot Road, East Ham.

The Labour Corps number would have been allocated between Oct 1917 and Jan 1918.

Phil
Sussex: Satcher (Hamsey) and Gatton (East Grinstead)
Leicestershire: Pratt
South Wales: Evans (Neath)
Poland: Gonet, Deren

Forest Row: War Memorial and Camp WW1
Lewisham War Memorials & WW1 Graves

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nuttynan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 June 18 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi I have only just found this search and I don't know if I am to late to get in touch with Jon Miles, I have been trying for years to find living relatives on my Mum's family Miles on her Dad's side and Parmenter on her Mum's. Walter Miles is the brother of my Mum's grandad Jonathan Miles b.1848 in South Benfleet, Essex, their parents were William Miles b.1807-1809 and Susan/Susannah (surname unknown to me) b.1816-1818 according to various census.

I know it's a chance in a million to be able to get in contact, Mum's Dad Albert b.1898 sadly died from MS in 1943, and she does'nt really know a lot about the Miles family.  I have found out that Walter and Jonathan had brothers and sisters called Maria, Mary Ann, George, William, Lemmon, Esau and Ann - Walter was the youngest sibling.