Author Topic: Edward McCormick son of John McCormick and Mary McKinlay  (Read 3146 times)

Offline maddymoss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Edward McCormick son of John McCormick and Mary McKinlay
« on: Monday 20 December 10 17:32 GMT (UK) »
According to the 1855 Scottish birth certificate of Catherine McCormick, her parents, Edward McCormick and Jane McCormick married in 1841, in Barnish, Culfeightrin, Ballycastle, Antrim.
Edward was born in Bentra, Templecorran, Larne.  Jane McCormick’s  birthplace is proving more difficult to decipher.   It appears to be Marc?????n, Antrim. 
Edward and Jane had several children before moving to Scotland.
Edward’s parents were John McCormick and Mary McKinlay.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward McCormick son of John McCormick and Mary McKinlay
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 December 10 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps if you could post a small portion of the certificate with the place of Jane's birth we could try to deciper it for you.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline gemuir

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 12 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Edward Mccormick is my great great great grandfather.  I have Jane Mccormick place of birth as Barnish, Culfieghtrin, Ballycastle, Ireland.

Do you have any more information on their ancestry?

Offline maddymoss

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 February 12 22:28 GMT (UK) »
I don’t know how much you know about the McCormick family.   They aren’t my direct line and as such I haven’t spent much time on them.   No doubt you are probably aware Edward’s parents were John McCormick and Mary McKinlay.  Edward had two brothers that I am aware of and a sister, Sarah who married a Thomas Stanfield.  A daughter, Mary Ann Stanfield, married Patrick McEwan which is where my McEwan family are connected. 
No doubt you are aware of the offspring of Edward and his brothers.

Offline Gavin_McCormick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 11:37 BST (UK) »
I have just found this site after searching my family heritage.  Edward McCormick was my great great great great grandfather.  He was born in Antrim in 1817 and married Jane in 1841 in Antrim.  They moved over to Scotland during the famine and had children (Edward and Charles and Catherine and Jane. I hope the people who commented above see this info.  I have so much more info on my tree.  Thank you