Author Topic: MAYNARD FAMILY  (Read 4268 times)

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
MAYNARD FAMILY
« on: Thursday 03 June 04 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
I have a couple of MAYNARD children on my family census 1851 Tun Wells staying with my ROSER family.  I believe them to be related but haven't found a connection as yet.  Anyone with any MAYNARDs please get in touch.
Thanks Lesley

Offline Joliecoeur

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re:MAYNARD FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 June 04 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Then,

I'm a Maynard but I was born in France. I never managed to know where my name is from.

From what I understand it originally from England

Regards

Cedric

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:MAYNARD FAMILY
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 June 04 10:10 BST (UK) »
Bonjour Cedric
I never imagined hearing from anyone in France - Maynard doesn't sound very French does it.  There seem to be a lot in the south of England so maybe that's where your family originated from.
I haven't found out any more about my Maynard children, hopefully someone from around the Kent area will get in touch.
Nice to hear from you.
Au Revoir
Lesley

Offline mrsharper

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MAYNARD FAMILY
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I dont know if you have already been in contact with a lady called Judy Hodge but she is my grandmother and her father was a maynard and his mothers maiden name was maynard and as far as i know she possibly had 2 brothers but im currently researching my family tree and i already have a lot of info but looking for more on the maynards. I saw that somebody in france messaged you and i actually have a great great uncle albert ernest maynard that was killed there in action in 1918 aged 25 and is still currently buried there at montay-neuvilly road cemetery, he was eva maynards brother. Dont know if this is anything to do with your maynards but thought it was worth a shot.

Hannah Harper

Offline Scottm007

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 October 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Scott A R Maynard that was born in England I want to know if in anyway I am related to Charles Riley Maynard that created Maynard's Wine gums. Another thing That I would like to know does anyone happen to know Anthony Maynard he happens to live in Kent, Also Hugh Maynard, thank you By the way I am (X years old). Please If you know anything contact me at

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 22 October 18 15:37 BST (UK) »
Welcome to the board Scott.

I cannot answer your questions but a couple of points that may help you.

1. You cannot put personal email addresses in your post and the moderators will remove it when they spot it. This is done so that bots (automated computer software) cannot send emails to you.
2. If you make a couple more post you will be able to use the PM (personal message) facility. It would be sufficient to reply to this and another post to activate this. This then allows people to send you personal messages with information they do not want to post to an open board.
3. You may get a reply quickly or may have to wait a long time but there are are a lot of people here who know the most surprising things so good luck and I hope you get the answers you seek.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 October 18 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott,

RootsChat is a website for those wishing to research their ancestors and not for researching living people. If you wish to find out more about your Maynard Family you are best to have a chat with your Grandad Maynard or your Dad who I am sure would love to help you with your research. Please note that we have a minimum age to use our website and currently you are a little on the young side.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 22 October 18 16:49 BST (UK) »
Hi I know this is a very old thread, but in answer to the 3 Maynard children living with the Roser family in 1851 eg Lucy 10, Thomas 8 and Esther 6 shown as nieces/nephew they were b Frant, Sussex, and in the case of Lucy aged 9 months in Frant Forest in 1841 the daughter of John 25 and Naomi 20 nee Eves,  who married June qtr 1840 Ticehurst
Posted for any Maynard researchers!
Keyboard86

PS Lucy baptised 4th October 1840 Frant, St Albans
Thomas same venue 20th February 1842
Esther same venue 4th August 1844
Parents John/Naomi
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk