Author Topic: Radulfus Cutt son of Richard  (Read 16159 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Radulfus Cutt son of Richard
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Journeymouse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Dave / dobfarm,

The circumstantial evidence I used for linking George who married Frances FOX with the christening of George and Rebecca (nee CHARLESWORTH)'s son George is the christening of George and Frances' daughter, Rebecca, in 1824. It's on the CUTTS one name web-site and someone else sent me a transcriptions of the parish records (I haven't got the file to hand but will dig it out if necessary). This also matches up with a Rebecca CUTTS' wedding to a John SPRAY in 1844. Her father is given as George CUTTS and both events were in Bolsover. Have you come across these?

Like I said, circumstantial. I probably ought to invest more time and effort investigating primary sources.

Jo

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo,

Pre 1837 BMDs is always hard to establish a datum point to work from or a particular family and lot more study is needed by all concerned. I'll do a bit of study on  these Rebbeca's

That George Cutts x Fanny Mather marriage still puzzles  me ?? 26 DEC 1809   North Wingfield, Derby

Happy New Year  :D

Dave  :)

Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Journeymouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 30 December 10 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,

There are North Wingfield christenings on the IGI that may match up with the 1809 CUTT-MATHER marriage. If you go through Hugh Wallis's site you should be able to get to them relatively easily. They are all children of "George and Fanny CUTTS" but not necessarily all the same couple:

Archer CUTTS, chr. 26 FEB 1810
Mary CUTTS, b.    21 OCT 1811, chr. 04 MAR 1816
Ann CUTSS, b. 05 SEP 1813, chr. 04 MAR 1816
Eliza CUTTS, b. 19 SEP 1815, chr. 04 MAR 1816
Sarah CUTTS, chr. 16 MAR 1817
George CUTTS, chr. 24 OCT 1819
Elizabeth CUTTS, chr. 24 JUN 1821
Aaron CUTTS, b. 23 AUG 1824, chr. 19 SEP 1824
Sophia CUTTS, b. 03 DEC 1827, chr. 17 FEB 1828
James CUTTS, chr. 04 APR 1830

Going back is more problematic :)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 06 January 11 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo,

Sorry! I've not answered so quickly but suffering a broken leg at the moment and have to rest it. Morel -Don't do ancestry cemetery look ups in icy weather  ;D for people in Aussy! with poorly elderly mother who want to see their brother's grave stone. in Bradford.

George Cutts b 1819 North Wingfield is the bit that's natters me and George and Fanny parents.

How/WHY?- 1851c Bolsover -Widow Fanny with her children, grandchildren and Elizabeth daughter in law.

Fanny though short for Frances Fox!! all other events BMD's/census show Fanny?

If we consided North Wingfield link with Rebbecca and George b 1784 there is a North Wingfield link to Bolsover. This Bolsover theory of Charlesworth (George Cutt 1821 parents and grandparents )and Fox is based on them not moving from Bolsover after 1810 Fox marriage. If we accept George b 1784 Why not George b 1819 from North Wingfield

Bit of Slothing here for you and Jim & Hannah!

Mary Limb (Lamb) as witness on George and Frances Fox marriage 1810 Scarcliffe Bolsover.

I found this link

Mary Cutts b 1793  to Limb Family

http://stevensontribe.com/phpGedView/individual.php?pid=I5155&ged=stevensonfamily.ged

Link below George Cutts /Fox marriage 1810 Scarcliffe

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=503633.msg3604199

Dave

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 06 January 11 01:11 GMT (UK) »
Bastardy Paper

B27 Fanny CUTTS, male 19 May. George PEARSON Bolsover 1831

3rd location Down B27 Scarcliffe
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~spire/Yesterday/BastardyS.htm

Offline Journeymouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 06 January 11 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,

Based on what information I have (which included the the mention of the records on Yesterday's Journey you've found), I would say there are definitely two distinct families. As you say, there's a George and Fanny who marry in North Wingfield and have children there and then there's George and Fanny who marry in Scarcliffe and have children in Bolsover. The difficulty is pushing back the Georges.

For what it's worth, the 1841 census with Fanny-in-Bolsover don't match up against the North Wingfield family but against the Bolsover family. William is the son born to Goerge PEARSON, 4 years after George CUTTS dies. I assumed no swap around on the marriages because Fanny CUTTS went back to Scarcliffe to have her child, or at least his place of birth / christening indicates that she did.

Coincidentally, there's a Robert CUTTS on the 1841 census with her who doesn't seem to fit in at all with the known christening records - at least as her own child. There is one who would be about the right age and location who would be George-who-married-Rebecca's great nephew but ... ?

Jo

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 06 January 11 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo,

A hard nut to crack! I'll do some more checking at Matlock/ Rotherham /Sheffield archives this spring/summer, looking at poorlaw records. They were too poor for gravestones? but one never knows and may find just that scrap of info that proves something.

For now 'keep well'

regards Dave

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 08 January 11 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo,

I have had a long re-look of my records, also the known info George Cutts /  Rebbecca Charlesworth son George Cutts born Bolsover 1785 who others say married Rachel Ball Ault Hucknall 1804 Which Fits William Limb Tree and LDS submissions

With George Cutts of Harthill b1783 and no marriage or death as an infant for him also George Cutts jr born 1821 Husband of Elizabeth Tricket married 1843 was the Bolsover murder case George the poacher and other poaching offences all round Whitwell, Harthill, Clowne, being let off his 2 year sentence for the Bolsover murder too work down  a coal mine for the magistrate of the case and his death certificates Whitwell 1886 says occupation was a miner. Then His Daughter Mary Cutts born 1846 Duckmanton Bolsover and married in Wales Yorkshire near Harthill 1867 to Samuel Tidmarsh who moved to Scarcliffe the year after their marriage 1868.

I am now convinced George Cutts who married France Fox 1810 Scarcliffe was George Cutts of Harthill 1783 father George which has circumstantial evidence to support

The Pearson info is post 1828 Fanny Fox Husband  George Cutts

All I can find for support of George Cutts b 1785 Son of George and Rebecca being 1810 Scracliffe George Cutts husband of Fanny Fox b 1791 Heath is BMDs as them living Bolsover/Scarcliffe.

Samuel Tidmarsh Worked at Sutton Lane Scardales Arkwright hall farm as Head cattleman near Heath, Scarcliffe and Duckmanton. My mother was born 1908 at Carvale Duckmanton Schooled at Shuttwood, Lived in Clowne died in Huddersfield and buried in Clowne 1995 Her Auty's and Uncle's lived around Wales, Scarcliffe, Bolsover, Harthill Whitwell, Duckmanton and Huddersfield Yorkshire (Holmfirth)

Dave