Author Topic: HUTSON FAMILY  (Read 12327 times)

Offline martinbird

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HUTSON FAMILY
« Reply #18 on: Friday 18 March 11 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Just noticed your post. Is it possible that the Charles Hutson barge [built 1889 at Conyer kent] is connected to your ancestor? If so I have some pictures of it that I can send to you. The Charles Hutson was the last barge built by my ancestor John Bird.

Offline jacx

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 02 November 11 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Just wondering if you have a Joan Elizabeth Hutson in your family tree, she had two sons we know about angume latif Hutson 1968 and ivor Thomas 1
 preece 1972 both born in rochdale England  :D
email address not working

Offline Cornopean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Another name that may help - Edgar Hutson, probably born in Sittingbourne around 1930. Attended Sittingbourne Council School and spent his life working as a mechanic in the Motor Trade, in Sittingbourne, at Scoones Garage. I believe he had a daughter but, unfortunately I cannot remember her name.

Offline ddhut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 May 13 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

Just logged back in after a long time.  Charles Hutson is definitely my ancestor, he is the older brother of William Francis Hutson.  Charles was the oldest son of John Hutson who married Sarah Rose.  Charles had a sister named Jane and also brothers John and George.  Charles Hutson had a barge and also ran a pub, he was the rich part of the family so I joke as we descend from William Hutson.  Very fascinating to see the fragments of pottery from the Kent Arms and also to hear of the barge, would love to see a photo.

many thanks
Dawn

Offline Cornopean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 06 May 13 14:08 BST (UK) »
Re replies #18 & 20 - Edgar Hutson

Conyer is only 3/4 miles from Sittingbourne.

Offline ddhut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 13 May 13 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

After searching out of the box, think I may have found something - thank you to everyone who has replied on the Hutson search over the years.  I have now found my John Hutson married a Sarah Rose in 1817, they had children Charles, Jane, William, John and George.  John was a coal merchant in the 1841 census and after he died Charles (his son) is shown as a coal merchant in a later census, Charles was also the victualler in a later census too - he married Louise Skinner.

Out of the box,  I found a William Hutson also a coal merchant in 1841 in East Peckham living with his wife Fanny.  Most of my Hutson family descended from East Peckham and then moved to Nettlestead.    I have now found a William Hutson who married Frances (Fanny) Scoone in East Peckham - they had children William, Ann and John - could this be my John and also the coal merchant connection - coincidence - I am still proving this John/William connection.  I have proved back to John and Sarah with certificates etc.   Need to make another visit to the Maidstone achives I think as I need to look at the parish records for St Michaels of East Peckham.

Sorry if I have rambled on but quite excited as this brickwall as existed for a long time.

dawn

Offline Jo Suter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 08 September 19 22:01 BST (UK) »
Re Hutson

I have only just started my family tree

I believe Raglan Charles Hutson is my Great Grandfather - His daughter Florence Gertrude Huston (Married my Grandfather Ronald Francis Ells) was my Grandmother

My mother Jacqueline Ann Henton (nee Ells) who is 85, has been chatting to me about Raglan Charles Hutson and she thinks she remembers he ran a Barge company (?) and bought a Barge for each of his sons Raglan Charles Hutson (J), Sidney George Hutson and Robert Hector Hutson.

Has anyone any information that could prove this information ?

Many thanks  :)

Offline ddhut

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 09 September 19 12:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo

Hutson is my husband's family.  Raglan Charles was the son of William Francis Hutson and Ann Eliza Steel - William Francis was my husband's GGGF - we are related.  William Francis and his brother Charles owned barges and were master of the barges and were waterman having served their apprenticeships so yes it is very likely that Raglan owned a barge too.  The father of William Francis was John Hutson who married Sarah Rose - John was a coal merchant again on the barges.  Hope this helps would love to talk to you more.      Dawn Hutson

Offline Jo Suter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 09 September 19 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Dawn,

How exciting!!

William Francis is also my GGGF.

My line so far goes as follows:

John Hutson and Sarah Mantell Rose

William Francis Hutson and Ann Eliza Steel

Raglan Charles Hutson and Augusta Thatcher

Ronald Francis Ells and Florence Gertrude Hutson

David Sidney Henton and Jacqueline Ann Ells

Martin David Keill and Joanna Zena Henton

Lee William Symons and Jessica Louise Keill

Lucas William Symons
Riley Martin Symons

I am Joanna  :)

Thank you for the information, it has confirmed things I have found out so far.

Also on forum.woodenboat.com 

Its says In 1889 John Birds Boat Yard, Conyer Creek, built a barge called Charles Hutson of Rochester, for the Hutson Barge Family.

Kind regards

Jo