Author Topic: *COMPLETED*Robert Cork B1809 baptized at Parish Church of Teynham  (Read 5240 times)

Offline yasmar49

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: *COMPLETED*Robert Cork B1809 baptized at Parish Church of Teynham
« Reply #18 on: Friday 31 December 10 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Susan

Yes, 'tis I, still with my nose to the grindstone.   You know how to get in touch direct, when you have time.

Paul

Another, much later, local-ish Cork, Frederick George, was fined £2 in 1916 for taking matches into one of the local explosives factories.    He was living at Shalmsford Street, Chartham, about 6 miles from Faversham.    More details if you get in touch direct via the Faversham TIC, as suggested.

Best wishes to both

Arthur Percival

Offline petercork

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 December 19 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Paul,
i too am a descendent of RObert Cork Upnor Kent 1809: ref Researching The Corks(Kent/Singapore/Cumbria/Wigton). i am aware of the (unusual) singapore connection and wonder if you have any more colour on what was the story there?

Offline petercork

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 09 December 19 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Paul - one of frederick thomas corks sons was Thomas Percy Cork - he was married twice: his first wife appears to have died young and he remarried Ruth Amy Unwin in 1912 from Cambridgeshire. they had three children: Thomas (Tommy who married Gwen in bedford) / Ronald married Dorothy Greaves in Bedford in 1940 / Muriel who married Wiiliam Boston in 1971 (no children).
Ronald was my grandfather. Ronald had three children: David my father in 1942 / Sue and Ray.
How do you fit into the Cork family?