Author Topic: ROBERT HUDSON PYE - Marriage  (Read 3650 times)

Offline senteacher

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ROBERT HUDSON PYE - Marriage
« on: Saturday 25 December 10 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone help me with the name of Robert's spouse please? I have him listed as marrying Jan-Mar 1905 at Newport M? He would be aged about 52 years old.  He was born in Howdon, Northumberland (Son of George Pye and Elizabeth nee Hudson) and was employed as an Engline Fitter.
I believe there are two possibilities - either Millicent Helen Ellis or Mary Jane E Lamprey.  Any help would be gratefully received. :)
Stewart, Gray, Bews (Orkney/Tyneside), Byrne (Ireland; England; USA; Canada),Colvin (Tyneside), Dingwall (Moray/Tyneside), Harforth (Yorks/Tyneside), Frater (Ntblnd/Durham), McGee (Nc/le-Tyne), Ormston(Ntblnd/Durham), Potts (Nc/le-Tyne), Pye (Ntblnd /Norfolk), Robson (Ntblnd/Durham), Sanderson (Ntblnd/Durham), Screech(Devon/Yorks) Stott (Ntblnd/Durham), Summers (Ntblnd), Tinline (Scotland, England, Australia, New Zealand and S. Africa), Tate (Ntblnd), Urwin (Ntblnd/Durham

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERT HUDSON PYE - Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 December 10 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have you checked him out on the 1911 census as that will give his wife's name

USING THE FREE 1911 INDEX TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT HOUSEHOLD

http://www.1911census.co.uk/search/tnaform.aspx

Once you find a possible match - make a note of the county and district in which the person was living

Return to the index and in PERSONAL DETAILS - just put the surname of the family - nothing else

In LOCATION - Select the county and below it - type in the district

In OTHER MEMBERS OF THE HOUSEHOLD - show the full name of the person you have found on the index

Click SEARCH

You will have to buy credits to view the full entry - the above instructions will only help to possibly show others of the same name in the same household
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 December 10 00:05 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 won't be of any help if this death is correct

Deaths September qtr 1910   

Robert Pye aged  58  Newport Monmouthshire  11a 107

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 December 10 00:48 GMT (UK) »
From 1911 free index, there is a Millicent Harris wife of Archibald Harris in Pontypool district of Monmoutshire  :)

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 December 10 00:53 GMT (UK) »
The 1911 won't be of any help if this death is correct

Deaths September qtr 1910   

Robert Pye aged  58  Newport Monmouthshire  11a 107

Also Death of Mary Jane E Pye in 1905 (Jun Q) age 30
Newport M 11a 116

:(

Offline senteacher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 December 10 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both.  Between you you've cracked it.  I knew that Robert had died in 1910 so the 1911 census was of no use. I now have another puzzle to solve.  They only married in 1905 so would have only been married a matter of months before Mary Jane died. I wonder if she was ill before they married as neither were 'spring chickens'. Are there any local papers which may have family notices?

I've also managed to find a contact with someone connected to Mary Janes' family tree who might be able to give me more info.

You're amazing.  Thank you so much. ;D
Stewart, Gray, Bews (Orkney/Tyneside), Byrne (Ireland; England; USA; Canada),Colvin (Tyneside), Dingwall (Moray/Tyneside), Harforth (Yorks/Tyneside), Frater (Ntblnd/Durham), McGee (Nc/le-Tyne), Ormston(Ntblnd/Durham), Potts (Nc/le-Tyne), Pye (Ntblnd /Norfolk), Robson (Ntblnd/Durham), Sanderson (Ntblnd/Durham), Screech(Devon/Yorks) Stott (Ntblnd/Durham), Summers (Ntblnd), Tinline (Scotland, England, Australia, New Zealand and S. Africa), Tate (Ntblnd), Urwin (Ntblnd/Durham

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 December 10 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I wonder if she was ill before they married as neither were 'spring chickens'.

She was only 30 when she died.  I wonder if she was pregnant when they married and died in childbirth

Offline senteacher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 December 10 15:03 GMT (UK) »
There's always that possibility... :(

Offline Cleptamania

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 15:21 BST (UK) »
Could anyone help me with the name of Robert's spouse please? I have him listed as marrying Jan-Mar 1905 at Newport M? He would be aged about 52 years old.  He was born in Howdon, Northumberland (Son of George Pye and Elizabeth nee Hudson) and was employed as an Engline Fitter.
I believe there are two possibilities - either Millicent Helen Ellis or Mary Jane E Lamprey.  Any help would be gratefully received. :)
My father is looking for Robert Hudson Pye. Can u please get in touch.
His name is John Davis and I think it is his dad..he has a bit of info u might like.