Author Topic: Ilmington Parish Register, Baptisms at Foxcote – CARTER  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Donna-Lee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ilmington Parish Register, Baptisms at Foxcote – CARTER
« on: Tuesday 28 December 10 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Could anyone possibly help me with the lookup of baptism entries below at the Warwickshire County Record Office or other establishment which may hold these parish records. I would like to know if the entries have any more info than the parents names and details below which I found on the LDS IGI Pilot Site, particularly interested if they may be an occupation listed for the father or any other identifiable information to confirm children’s link to parents.

I have a 10 year brick wall chasing down my GGG  Grandfather, George Carter (who was a very successful Huntsman for Duke of Grafton, he may have farmed unsuccessfully during the time below or worked as a Whipper-In) and his first wife Elizabeth Smith, they seemed to have travelled where his Huntsman stature took him from Shropshire, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and finally Wiltshire and I need to track back the children’s births with George’s work history which I hope will lead to finding a possible marriage record I have in Mickleton, Gloucester in Aug 1818.

Bap. 22 Dec 1818   Sarah Carter      Parents: George Carter & Elisabeth Smith   Bap. at Foxcote, Warwick
Bap. 29 Sep 1821   Andrew Carter      Parents: George Carter & Elizabeth Smith    Bap. at Foxcote, Warwick   
Bap. 06 Feb 1827   Elizabeth Carter   Parents: Georgii Carter & Elisabeth Smith    Bap. at Immaculate Conception, Foxcote, Warwick

Thanks to anyone that can possibly help.

Donna-Lee
Melbourne, Australia
Seaton of Kirkmichael

Offline NatalieS

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ilmington Parish Register, Baptisms at Foxcote – CARTER
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 March 19 14:42 GMT (UK) »
I am also looking at family in that area and live somewhat closer. Foxcote was a catholic chapel and as such marriages could not take place there so would be at the parish church in one of the local villages. Mickleton would be appropriate. On the marriage it just says George Carter of Bromfield in the co of Salop (i.e Shropshire) to Elizabeth Smith so the fact that the baptisms are registered with parents George Carter and Elisabeth Smith the baptisms and marriage must go together.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ilmington Parish Register, Baptisms at Foxcote – CARTER
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 March 19 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Looking at Andrew's baptism 1821
Born 28 Sep 1821 in the parish of Ebrington Gloucestershire Andrew Carter lawful son of George Carter and Elizabeth Carter alias Smith and baptised the following day by me John Smith godfather.
Godmother Sophia Smith
Sarah 20.12/22 Dec 1818 Godfather John Slatter senior Parents of Mickleton Gloucestershire
Elizabeth 3/6 Feb 1827 God mother Mary Smith Godfather John Smith

Ciderdrinker