Author Topic: Annie Mary I'anson COMPLETED  (Read 5960 times)

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Mary I'anson
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 14:13 GMT (UK) »
I still can't find the family on the 1901 it's driving me crazy.

Margaret

Offline Glen Field

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 15:05 GMT (UK) »
I still can't find the family on the 1901 it's driving me crazy.

Margaret

Search for Daisy Janson and the family should appear in both 1901 and 1891. GF
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carlingford

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi, the years I am looking for Mary Annie are between 1901 and 1912, I know about her and her family before 1901, (yes her father was a blacksmith) but not much after 1901 apart from, she married Thomas Clarke in St Pancras.Where was she in 1911? The previous search, a while ago, hi lighted by Rosie, found the info I had about William Prentice to be incorrect and found that she in fact married to Thomas Clarke, Rootschat in the USA did a really good job finding all sorts of things about Thomas but could not find Mary Annie,  Tony.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 17:54 GMT (UK) »
The previous search, a while ago, hi lighted by Rosie, found the info I had about William Prentice to be incorrect and found that she in fact married to Thomas Clarke, .

It might be a good idea for you to put a note to that effect on the other post and 'complete it'  You could then put a link to this one as well.  ???

Do you have the certificate for the marriage to Thomas Clarke - if so where was she living in 1912 and who were the witnesses ?

Rosie

Offline carlingford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 19:15 GMT (UK) »
She was living at St Pancras, Rutland Street, the marriage cert states Charles R Wren & A W Buckle were witnesses, Tony.

Offline Glen Field

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately, Charles R Wren seems to have been an attendant at the Registrar's Office.

The ages of the two Mary Ann's differed by 3 or 4 years. The one from Barrow was born c1889 and the one from London was born c1885. What age is given for the 1912 bride and (just to be absolutely sure) does it actually say on that certificate that her father was a Blacksmith? GF

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Can I suggest that Carlingford gives us all the info he has from her marriage cert and birth cert plus anything else he knows rather than give us bits and pieces that are proven wrong ie her name which makes searching so much more difficult and wastes hours of searching. I've said that I couldn't find the family on the 1901 at least twice and now he says that the name is transcribed as Janson.

What was Thomas's address on the marriage cert? Which Church did they marry? How old was Thomas? What was the name and occupation of Thomas's father?

For example he didn't say that Thomas I'Anson states he is married on the 1901 census. So where's his wife? What happened to baby Bessie was she given to a family member?

Margaret

Offline carlingford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Mary Annie is 24 yrs on the marriage cert and it says her father was a blacksmith. The 1901 census looks like Ianson and on the 1991 it definitely is. Thomas's address is 6, Cobourg St, St Pancras. They were married at St Pancras register office. Thomas was 28 yrs at marriage. Thomas's father was a carpenter. Thomas Ianson was married on the 1891 census to Elizabeth but as I pointed out, his wife is not mentioned on the 1901 census, I don't know what happened to her, Tony.

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 21:20 GMT (UK) »
I can't find Thomas on the 1911 census. There is one age 27 living in Bradford I wonder if that's him. There's another one age 37 living in Lewisham. This family is sure hard to find.

Margaret