Author Topic: GRUBB bible from Northamptonshire  (Read 12572 times)

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
GRUBB bible from Northamptonshire
« on: Friday 31 December 10 20:44 GMT (UK) »
I recently came across mention of a Grubb family bible from Hellidon, Northamptionshire,  names given in it were from my family line. Although it was from a few years ago there was an Email address in Banbury and consequent investigation has revealed more. Unfortunately our messages have not been answered and phone calls also not answered.
It did seem as though the person wanted to sell the bible at the time and did not know the family concerned so as a long shot can I ask if anyone knows anything about it or who lives in that town could they contact me on here? The bible should be back with the family we feel.................

Offline mrsericnorthman

• RootsChat Member
  • True, I am no lady but you sir, are no gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: GRUBB bible from Northamptonshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 September 15 22:45 BST (UK) »
hello there, was just wondering if you ever found that bible? I have Grubb ancestors from hellidon in northamptonshire as well and I've found this post very interesting!

best regards.
Sulley - Norman - Robinson - Emms - Titcomb - Stone - May - Rose - Grubb

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: GRUBB bible from Northamptonshire
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 September 15 08:27 BST (UK) »
Hello mrsericnorthern, despite a long search I had no luck tracing the person who was originally selling it, phone calls and emails were not answered, so far I have also not been to Banbury to investigate the address.
I do have a family document from 1814 plus copies of wills etc and together with two others have traced the family line back to the mid 1500s, also my DNA suggests we have Danish Viking roots. George Eliot the novelist is in our tree.
If you send me a pm I can discuss more, I would be interested to know who you derive from in Hellidon.