Author Topic: family- Crockford  (Read 7938 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: family- Crockford
« Reply #36 on: Monday 03 January 11 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Oh don't worry  - I wasn't annoyed - well not much  :D ;) ;D

As Ruskie says - it's fun to search them - especially when you can speculate beforehand what the scenario is going to be and then it turns out (almost) as you thought i.e. the coastguard postings that Martin came up with.

Now going back to this- you have Henry Michael, son of Henry and he is the son of William and Aquilla (gorgeous name  :)).

If you go back, in this thread somewhere - I mention that there is a possible William son of John and Ann and again they are possibly in 1841 census - have given the reference.

Take a look at that. However not sure how you would then go about proving it.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 03 January 11 23:09 GMT (UK) »
I've never researched in Kent, but would the PR baptisms/marriage at this time give any details of occupation or abode which may indicate that it's the same family? eg William's baptism? Marriage of John and Ann? Baptisms of any other children born to this couple?

Looking at the censuses there are a few William Crockfords in Kent which may lead to some confusion ...  :-\

Offline pauljandrews

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 17 July 21 18:44 BST (UK) »
Most interesting.. I found this Forum after Googling Aquila Crockford.

Im currently doing family research on Ancestry. Aquila is my 3x Great Grandmother. She Had a  daughter also named 'Aquila' Stringer Crockford Bate.

My Father is William John Andrews, Son of Dorothy Catherine Crockford and Jonathan Hill Andrews.

Dorothy Catherine is the 2nd Daughter of Martha Ann Wildish and William Crockford.

William Crockford is the Son of Ellen Ryan and Henry Crockford.

Henry is the Son of William Crockford and Aquila Stringer.

Albeit this posting was 10 years ago, I hope someone reads it. Interesting stuff.

I have learned so much in only a few weeks.

We we always told my Grandmother Catherine Anne was orphaned, but from what I have read her mother passed away in 1940, It appears she never knew her Mother Martha who resided in a Poor/Workhouse in Sheppey. I still have relies in Sheerness but they know very little of the past.

Paul Andrews , Perth Australia