Author Topic: Frank Molloy  (Read 15827 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Molloy
« Reply #18 on: Friday 07 January 11 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Then the return journey - New York Passenger List - Francis Mulloy. Aged 41 years Born about 1872
Port of Departure: Londonderry to New York on SS Caledonia arriving 31 Aug 1913.

If Naturalized give date & location of court where papers issued:- Court House. Drifton. PA 12 August 1871. Going to home 2610 Olive Street. Philadelphia. PA. (Same address as 1920 Census)

Birth Dates for children Francis 13 Oct 1901 and Mary 15 Dec 1902 
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 January 11 18:42 GMT (UK) »
1900 Census Philadelphia Ward 15, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - slightly mistranscribed.

Judson Street.

Francis P Maloy 28 Born Penn. Parents born Ireland.  Married 1897. Fireman
Mary Maloy 23 Born Ireland. Immigrated 1896. Had 1 child and 1 survives.
Francis P Maloy 6 months old.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 January 11 18:47 GMT (UK) »
1910 Census Philadelphia Ward 15, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - slightly mistranscribed

Olive Street

Frances S Malloy 35 Marriage 1 for 12 years. Engine. Locomotive.
Mary A Malloy 33 Had 2 children and 2 survive
Francis Malloy 10 Born PA
Mary A Malloy 8 Born PA
Wm Littleton 23 Boarder.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 07 January 11 18:53 GMT (UK) »
WW1 Draft for Francis Gabriel Mulloy. Born 13 Oct 1899. Residing 2510 Olive Street. Philadelphia. Student at Catholic High School. Next of kin:- Mother Mary Mulloy 2510 Olive Street.

Medium Height and Medium Build. Eyes Brown. Hair Black.

Dated Sept 12 th 1918

Offline mcghee67

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 07 January 11 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks again for all you're hard work, I appreciate it very much, the Francis G Mulloys father was born in Ardara Donegal as were all his sibblings except Fem and Cass, I have all their baptism records, Patrick Mulloy and Mary Ann Gallagher Mulloy were also born in Ardara, Patrick I would say around 1838 and Mary Ann around 1840, their first two children Patrick aged 2 1/2 and Anne aged 2 months both died in 1864, the next child to be born in Ardara was Bernard (my greatgrandfather) followed by William, Connell, Francis P (FRANKS DAD) Michael and Bridget, I have the ships record for their Mother Mary Ann and son Michael, they came to New York in 1881, I am suprised that the ages are out so much but not surprised that they are out as In my research I have yet to find the right birthdate, they are definetly my family, as I know Frank definetly died in Glenriddle as did Michael Mulloy, they had stayed in a family house. I think the birth date off 1899 for Frank G is correct, I wish I could find definite proof that Patrick Mulloy and Mary Ann Mulloy died in Philadelphia, my ggrandfather Bernard Mulloy did not join the family untill 1912 aged 42 years, he must have been left behind. I believe that when Francis came to Glasgow, he would have then went onto Ireland again to visit family, and annother thing I don't understand why would they say they were all born in Phildadelphia, including Francis saying his father was also born there ?
Molloy, Gallagher, Monaghan, O'Donnell Co Donegal

Provan Collins Govan Glasgow
McGivney, Molloy Craigneuk Wishaw Motherwell

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 January 11 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,

This was Frank in 1930 Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania

Harry J Lewis 50 Lera P Lewis 49 Sarah E Lewis 18 Mary L Lewis 16 Ruth C Lewis 9 Charles Mearse 18
Frank G Mulloy 30 - Born Penn. Parents Ireland. Announcer. Radio. Roomer.

The One World Tree entry did not have a name or a way of contacting - but I will go back and check that.
There was a Family Tree entry - think that was for Reding family - I could try and make the contact for you, if you send me a pm with your e-mail address, I can pass it on for you if you wish.

Regards
Sandra

Offline mcghee67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 07 January 11 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra, I wounder if you could check the 1900 census for  Mary Ann Mulloy grandmother of  Frank G Mulloy, I am glad you made the connection on Frank being on early radio...

I was thinking about dates etc, they probably told lies about dates etc so they could work longer and make out they were younger.  Thanks again !!

kindest Regards Jane

Offline mcghee67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 08 January 11 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Here is the baptism record for Francis Mulloy that proves he was born in Meenavally Ardara, Co Donegal,On the record it mentions his parents as Patrick and Mary Gallagher Mulloy

Kindest regards Jane

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 08 January 11 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jane,

I have'nt forgotten you, just not getting anywhere with Mary Ann Mulloy,  When do you think they immigrated please ?  Which children would have been with them ?

I did see an interesting 1900 Census with Malloy/Gallagher combination -  a Patrick born June 1850 and Mary Ann 1849, both Ireland with some Gallagher family boarding but unfortunately those dates don't fit and the marriage year was far to late at 1875.

Regards
Sandra