Author Topic: PAUL surname origins of?  (Read 14923 times)

Offline Paul47

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PAUL surname origins of?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 November 12 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear from you dairymaid. Further to my earlier posts, I must add that I have made some computer contact with members of the William James Paul & Agnes Mary (Boswell) family descendants, and so did my parents personally face to face on a visit once. It is the generation past that being William James Paul's uncles & aunts that I know nothing at all about, but am interested in learning more of course.

Offline Paul47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 November 12 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hey Dunkmac 74
Nice to see that you are researching into the Paul family history. I have some common threads here. Some of the people you list in one of your later chats, are ancestors of mine. Take a look at what I added within this particular forum. You will notice names you have mentioned. All of the people you have mentioned William James Paul *& Agnes Mary (Boswell) Paul plus all their children are all relatives of mine. My grandfather Andrew was one of the youngest in this family. William Harvey Paul's father was named John Paul and he was married to a woamn whose maiden name was Hall. Hope we can sort some info out. Talk to you later.
Andy

Offline bessant

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 November 12 13:00 GMT (UK) »
try....ann yeoman_ genealogy. com   and or google roy paul ,rhondda. much info regards " paul" surname .cornish family  , photographs ,family history and more....john paul , walter paul, queen st  penzance.     regards.

Offline Paul47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 November 12 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the research tips on the Paul family. It is an interesting project, and together- people helping people to learn the facts-its really very interesting-and historic. AND its family!! Thanks
Andy Paul

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 01 December 12 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Interested to know if either of you can tie my Mary Ann Paul or her Father John Paul in with the Boswells anyone come across her or him being possibly related or related by marriage?? Dunc

Offline Paul47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 01 December 12 20:56 GMT (UK) »
I have connections between the Paul family and the Boswell family, and I have a Mary Ann Fry that married a Paul in my family tree, but we'd have to be more specific on dates. I noticed with other trees that there were some other marriages of Boswell family with Paul family relatives (at least once).

For me specifically it only happened the once directly (that I am aware of) when William James Paul married Agnes Mary Boswell, AND the generation before this, had William Harvey Paul married to Mary Ann Fry.

These are the only connections I have in my tree that could be close to what you may be referring to, but you need to be more specific on dates and names in order to put this together. thanks

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 02 December 12 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Regards the dates if you look at me first post all ive got is the first marriage 1866 to my 4x grandfather i stuck before then does this info ring any bels or the first names?

Offline Paul47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 02 December 12 01:33 GMT (UK) »
I Had a look at your first post and I don't think I can help you on this right now, as I only got started recently and am back just about 5 or 6 generations and lots more to get done. Perhaps I'll return to your post later. Still a work in progress and still have to research dates etc, but so far back as the Boswell family goes I only know back to Abraham & Unity Boswell likely born late 1700s, with next generation Ephraim & Ann Boswell born early 1800s.

I have come across the reference that you made to Mary Ann Paul though with marriage 3 Sep 1866 listing  the groom as William McDonald 29 mariner of Jack Lane (his father John McDonald-labourer) wed to Mary Ann Paul 28 of Jack Lane (her father John Paul labourer) witness Jabez Shepherd, Susan Warren.

My note on this at this point is; I have not found a connection to this part of the Paul family in my research so far. The furthest back I have proof for in my family tree is John Paul 1817-1860 And Margaret Harvey 1815-, and I have not found a connection so far past that point, nor is there a mention of Mary ann Paul within their children on a census.

So sorry I can't help you on this right now, but be sure I'll be back to you if I find anything on this. Happy hunting.

Offline dunkmac74

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 02 December 12 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for reply Pal and pleaes keep me posted if you do find a link just to add have you tried the website Romany jib they have a lot of info on the Boswell Gypsies census recors etc and they were very helpfull when trying to trace the Romany Gypsy ancestry on me Mas side,Thanks again for the reply Dunc